A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: runs on IE5.0 but not on Netscape4.77 ! HELP needed!

Hi!

I have an swf player that is loading other swf-files via loadMovie. it's running without any trouble on IE5.0 (I'm testing it under Win98/Pent III, it's running without any problem under MacOS). Used in Netscape Communicator 4.77 it is ignoring the loadmovie after having loaded one or two other swf-files. Anyone can help with that??? PLEASE !!!! I've a deadline tomorrow and as a matter of fact I am in a bit of trouble!

thank you!

tobi

I had the same problem with a .swf movie on my site also. I got round it by saving my .swf as a version 4 flash format. For some reason some version of netscape dont recognise Version 5 files.

Dont know if that will be suitable for your task, but it should work.

That's a good idea!

Did you save only the swf that you're going to load via loadmovie as flash4-swfs? I ask that because my main-swf, which is loading the other swfs is not flash 4-compatible....

I saved ony the required swf, i was'nt sending messages between targets as i assume you are. If the worst comes the worst you could always try convertig all to flash 4 format they dont interlink.

Its ither that or use the old "optimized for Internet Explorer" routine.

But hopefully they will work.

ups, it's not as easy as it looks like!

I have an array defined in every loaded swf, that is transferred in the master-swf. and I don't know, how to create an Array in FLASH 4 Scripting. Can you help me?

the lines I'm using in F5-script are

// Highlights-Array initialisieren
    lhigh = new Array ();
    // Im Highlightsarray Unterarrays fuer Daten initialisieren.
    lhigh[1] = new Array (1,480,198,200,146,0,0,2.1,"Der Aufbau","","","","","","","");
    lhigh[2] = new Array (1,691,269,282,156,0,0,4.3,"Time Tunnel","","","","","","","");

thank you!
    .tobi.