A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash and Powerpoint - please help!

Ok - first off I am not a programmer so this may be a silly question, but I can't figure this out.

I have made a flash intro that I want to use at the beginning of a powerpoint presentation. My goal is to make a cd - autostart the flash intro (I can do this) and then have the flash player automatically start the powerpoint show (file is YBL.PPS) it is a powerpoint show file.

Can this be done?? Please help.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith
    Why? You should just make the presentation all in flash. If you need to add video get JAVI from http://www.***********.com It would be much cleaner and look like a pro product. Regards, Bill

I agree - flash would be much easier and cleaner. My problem is that my client wants to use the flash intro on several powerpoint presentations in the future. (They are creating the powerpoint and just want me to marry the two together.) So, I am stuck with trying to figure this out.

Any Clues??

I thank you for your help in advance.

I make presentations and some people make them in powerpoint so when I get the powerpoint file I just convert it all to flash because say they are selling something well any one they give the disk to can just give it to someone who has powerpoint and get them to change the price with an exe file I don't think anyone would go to the trouble of trying to get in the exe file.

Place an FS command (quit) in the last frame of the flash.
    Turn your flash intro into an exe (projector).
    On your first slide (make it blank) in powerpoint, execute the flash projector.
    Set the autoadvance to next slide in powerpoint from the first slide, make sure to give it enough time in seconds to compensate for the computer's speed.

When the flash movie is over, it will close itself leaving the second slide of the powerpoint show visible.

JOBO

Well it said Flash and Powerpoint, so I thought I would chime in...

There's an executable on the .flashgeek. site that will allow you to launch Powerpoint presentations from the executable environment. So, you could autorun the exe, call open the Powerpoint presentation through the helper exe, and then quit your exe.

I think this would solve your problem. If it doesn't, please let us know where you need assistance.

Hope that helps,
    Rick

Thanks to all for the help!

Rick,

I found your solution on your site yesterday and it worked great! Thank you for taking the time to assist us (programmer wannabee's)!

Now I can sleep tonight! haha

Thanks again all!