A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: "raster" in vector graphics

hello, is there any way of making a picture look like this, but in vector grahics?:

and i dont want to just convert the rasterised bitmap image. i want some program or anything that does this to a normal image.....

i got that sort of program that a friend did to me, but it doesnt work properly, so i wonder if theres any other utility.....

hmmmm.. have u tried Adone Streamline ?:

you can go to the adobe site and download the trial version and test it !

A

yes i have............

thats what i mean with converting it to vector, after adding the "raster" or "color halftone" filter.

i have used it, and the thing is that the circles dont come out really round, they have flaws that makes it ugly...

in theory, at least it seems to me, this should not be any problem to do in vector.
    and i do have that program that does it, but it doesnt really workproperly....

isnt there any application at all that exists that can do this...?

If you wanted to be really fancy, you could first make a raster version as reference, then in Flash fill in the large black areas with a paintbrush, and make many instances of a single circle library item and place them in the proper positions/scale over the image.

It'll take patience, but the end result would be a super-optimized scaleable halftone image (by using instances, you would not be adding more curves to the image). You could then animate the circles and get a really killer effect...

The simplest way to do it, is to bring it into Flash and break it apart--don't use trace bitmap, that will distort the dots.