A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Anyone require Default App Beta 3?

Overcome the default drive for the browse command and everything's running smooth except the command line interpreters..

The file size has been optimized and it looks like the size will come out at 40 to 50 kb (a little bigger then expected)

Anyway if I was to do a Beta 3 only command line features would be missing and each function would be a executable.. (that would make about 4 .exe's for various functions)

The question is.. is it wanted or needed?
    [Edited by The Master on 08-16-2000 at 12:52 AM]

Sure the other works great and a smaller file size allows me more room on floppies. I used your program to call defaults from a network and it worked, never know it's even running thanks for the work. I think I can work giving a little somthing to you through a grant. Not alot but a few bucks if you want more information contact me.

No thanks not interested in money.. Just "Thank You's"
    (money doesn't motivate me, compliments do)

But.... Grant money is different, you've been contacted

Mean while here it is.. I've renamed it for now to Flash Tools Beta 3..
    http://www.windowshelp.net/flashtools.zip

Anyway there are several things to be noted about the program (not that I didn't outline them in the updated ReadMe)

A. The cdrom browse must be executed on the root of the cdrom.. anywhere else and it will open the folder it's placed in..
    B. The DefaultApp & Print program do except spaces but they must be placed between "" unfortunately I haven't figured out yet how to implement that through flash's call on the command line (I haven't had time)

In case anyone has any questions on what this program does in laymen's terms "it basically executes a double click on a associated file type like a Word Document file for example which would then open in MS Word or WordPad (whichever the file is associated too)"

This program is designed for use with the flash projector or .exe
    [Edited by The Master on 08-18-2000 at 06:39 PM]

It won't let me download it.

Alternative download.. http://theemaster.webjump.com/flashtools.zip

By the way this download works for me..
    http://www.windowshelp.net/flashtools.zip
    (I assume that a router is down somewhere on the internet and you just can't access it at this time)
    [Edited by The Master on 08-18-2000 at 10:36 PM]