A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sorry, I don't know where else to ask this...

How do I make my CGI script so whenever someone presses ENTER in a text field, it automatically adds a <BR> tag? This is for a guestbook. See, for example, I'm skipping a line right here...

Also, can you set it so if the text is too long, it
    altomatically wraps to the next line? For instance, if I was to type a word that is 200 letters long, it would not go to the next line. This is especially annoying, because it messes up the entire page that the script generates.

Also (number 2), is it possible to disable someone from using HTML/Javascript in the text field? Like, for instance, if I'm to type <HR>, it doesn't make a line, instead it does what this forum does, display the text "<HR>." This is because I tried inputting some javascript to automatically refer to another site, and when I view my guestbook, it automatically changes to the site I referred to.

I have looked through a lot of tutorials, but I cannot find the stuff I need =(

Thanks for all the help, sorry I don't know a more appropriate place to ask for this stuff.

for both tasks you need some sort of filter made programmatically. first one will detect long words and split them. the secont will replace brackets etc. with special character combination so that brackets wud not be interpreted by brouser as a commands.