A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swift 3D - How to add node thingies :))

Hello, I recently purchased a version of Swift 3D, I was just wondering, how do you add nodes to make the object 3d? I imported a flat picture of a house and can't seem to give it that cool 3d effect while it's rotating, it looks very flat. Can swift even do this? Thanks in advance,

-2cent-

When you import a flat image into Swift it normally gives the object a depth automatically.

Try selecting the object then in the top left of the screen look for sizing option, from here you can change the depth of an object.

If you do not get the sizing option you opbject may be grouped, try ungrouping it from the menu's, and repeat above.

Also what format are you importing into Swift from?

Yeah... you imported a PICTURE of a house? You should be importing a vector drawing of the FRONT of the house maybe.

I import using 3ds (3d studio). It does give my image a bit of depth upon importing, I just can't make it thicker etc. I want the thickness that they used for the swift 3D logo, somthing like that. Thx.

When opening a 3DS file in Swift you can't change the szing of it. becaus it can't edit individual nodes. This editing has to be done in a 3d Modeler such as 3D Studio Max.

What i normally do is draw the face on image that i wasnt in illustrator then open a new swift file. and import it in, you then have complete control over depth, width and height. Also you can then use bevels etc..