A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: center the flash movie

Cool

hi all
    just one question is there any way i can center the flash movie in an html page with flash functions and methods and not using the html tags

i'm not really good at javascript, but i think it should be possible to do with javascript and fscommand.

at my point of view this makes no sense, because you can center the movie with tables.

regards

choschen

Smile center the movie

which fscommand exactly are u talking about, coz i couldn't find any and any flash command to center it. I tried all the fs commands and i couln't center my movie. I haven't checked out javascript, after trying will tell you.

why exactly?

sorry I don't understand why you'd want to make life hard for yourself when html is so somple for this.

<TABLE WIDTH="100%" BORDER="0" CELLSPACING="0" CELLPADDING="0" HEIGHT="100%" ALIGN="CENTER">
    <TR ALIGN="CENTER" VALIGN="MIDDLE">
    blah blah your flash here
    </TR>
    </TABLE>

benG

Smile center the movie

it's not that i wanna make my life but its just my curiosity that's driving me crazy, thanx for the code and help anyway, by the way do have any idea how to do it in javascript in flash

sorry I know the last post wasn't exactly helpful.

As for javascript in flash, i've toyed with it but haven't found any useful resources/links.

I wanted to hide a html layer from flash but couldn't figure out how to do it .

About all I've managed is open/hide window which is pretty pathetic. Other people use external jscript files and call them into flash, but that defeats the point too.

Smile center the movie

no sweat beng
    i have absolutely no idea how to embed javascript in flash, still checking out the possibilities of centering the movie and do u have any idea about the alignment constraints given in the publish settings screen, if u do tell me how to use it, as for i tried and didn't really make a difference in the output.

center the movie

hey ben
    i used java script to center the movie in a new window, not exactly what i had in my mind but it looks really good the javascript code is

<SCRIPT>
    function OpenCustomWindow() {
    var PageToLoad = "tlomain.html";
    var windowName = "MyPopup";
    var windowHeight = 600;
    var windowWidth = 800;
    var windowTop = screen.height/2 - windowHeight/2;
    var windowLeft = screen.width/2 - windowWidth/2;

MyPopup=window.open('tlomain.html',windowName,"too lbar=0,location=0,directories=0,status=0,menubar=0 ,scrollbars=1,resizable=1,top=" + windowTop + ",left=" + windowLeft + ",width=" + windowWidth + ",height=" + windowHeight);

MyPopup.focus();
    }

and the link code is

<a href="javascript:OpenCustomWindow();">Link</a>

here is the thread where i found it

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...16#post1025716
    have fun man.