A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: funky flash site

The first flash site created by myself,
    and fantistic it is too.

http://www.mdmltd.com

Beyond the Sea
    I liked your intro. It was engaging. The only comment I would make would be to up your framerate. It was created at only 12 - 14 frames per second, no? For all the vector stuff, you could go with 20 - 30.

I like the design of your site, as well. Very clean and easy on the eyes. I was just wondering why you have the frames? Why not just create the whole site in flash? That way you could have better transitions between areas, and there's not really anything on your site you would need the html for. Oh, and the pages seemed to load a little slowly for me, but that could just be my connection.

overall, really nice work.

Rich

the site took forever to load the intro... and i'm on a dsl line. you might want to speed up the loading so as to not lose your audience. also, on the about page- where is bracknell? a state would be good for a frame of reference.

on the website & graphic design pages, you should have a link back to the design page.

when i mouseover the logo in the bottom right corner, it disappears and the the events link changes around. maybe the logo should stay there and link to about us or something.

overall, the site has a very nice use of movement and color, however i wouldn't be too cocky about it because there is always room for improvement.

it's pretty good, it's a long way from being as god as you claim though.

bracknell is in england which doesn't have any states..

remember the web is an international medium, you really should tell people what country you're in. Potential clients glancing at your web site may just assume you're in america and not bother.

plus, when you click on portfolio another button comes up which you have to click to get to the portfolio... why? That's the definition of bad navigation!

overall though an excellent use of motion and a good looking site. It loaded quickly on my cable, but then i'm in england.

i thought it was great

(incredibly slow to load, but great)

I have taken on board the above comments, and addressed the issues raised (apart from being too cocky, that may take a little longer)

Any further suggestions would be appreciated

Big Al