A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Need help PLEASE :(

Hello,

I really need help. I have a graphic that I turned into a button and then I put the button into a seperate movie clip. What I want is for the button to make Flash go to say frame 40 when I presss the button within the movie clip. What I did was open up the button and tell it in actionscript to go to and stop on frame 40. But when I run the movie, it rolls over fine but when I hit the button, it won't go to frame 40. Would the button being in a movie clip have anything to do with this, and if so, how can I fix it? Thanks in advance.

-Scorponok

Hi,
    try this...
    Code:
    Begin Tell Target ("/")
          Go to and Stop (40)
    End Tell Target
    Hope it helps.
    Regards,

Cool, so where do you put this? Do I open up the button and dbl click on DOWN and then put this actionscript in? Or does it go somewhere else? Thanks for the quick reply BTW.

-Scorponok

Double click on the button and choose actions tab then click on button labelled with a + sign. You should read Flash manual if you do not know how to add action script to your movies.

It doesn't work.

Just remember that this button is stationed inside a movie clip and the movie clip is dragged onto the stage. This action may tell the button to jump to frame 40 WITHIN the movie clip, but it won't tell it to jump to frame 40 within the SCENE 1.

Try this:

Begin Tell Target ("../")
    Go to and Stop (40)
    End Tell Target

If this still doesn't work refer to page 185 of the manual, this will explain how to specify targets.