A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Animated buttons

Smile

How do you make buttons which peform some task? For example, the text grows larger, or the background flashes, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

you would have to assign the action or task that you wanted to take place to a button. For example, you could make a movie clip that zooms the text from 20% to 100% (add the stop action at the beginning and at the end) and give this button an instance name of textzoom. Then you could place this on your main stage and assign an action to the button that says on
    mousevent (press)
    Tell target "textzoom"
    "play"
    end on
    This would begin showing the movie clip that you created and your text would zoom in. Buttons really don't perform the task, but tell something else what do do.

There are some good tutorials that you would benefit from. Simply search the tutorial section of Flashkit for "Buttons"

Hope that helped

Another way to do this would be to create a movie clip with the animation you want. Put a stop action in the last frame. Then create your button and insert your movie clip into the over state or down state, which ever.

good flashing

[QUOTE]Originally posted by pea3698
    [B]Another way to do this would be to create a movie clip with the animation you want. Put a stop action in the last frame. Then create your button and insert your movie clip into the over state or down state, which ever.

I'm always trying to make things harder than they really are. Thanks Pea3698, sounded better than my long winded explanation!

[i]
    I'm always trying to make things harder than they really are. Thanks Pea3698, sounded better than my long winded explanation! [/B]
    Ha no problem. Actually your way is a really good way to know as well. It comes in handy for more complex buttons and whatnot. keep helping out man im seeing you pop up on alot of the threads.