A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Problem with servlet!!!

Hybrid View

I have a form where the variables have to be sent to a servlet (/servlets/m3p.slet.auth.PostSubmit). I already tried to POST the variables by using the GetURL and also the loadVariables. But when I try it out, I only get a blank page. It actually sends something. But if it would work, I should receive a message on my mobile phone.

So what's wrong? What do I have to do?

Thankx in advance!

The first thing to check is make sure that the servlet runs correctly when sending it information from a web browser. Once you have this done you can then replicate those settings when loading the movie in flash.

Thanks

Luke

Thumbs down tried it already

I tried this already. But it doesn't help. Any other suggestions?

Does that mean that it is working when you use a web browser?

Also what XML information is being returned to the end user?

Thanks

Luke

Okay look. I tested it on my local machine but also on the net but it doesn't work. I notice that the browser is actually sending some data but anyway.

The user enters a phonenumber and a message and then this should be sent to the servlet. I tried it by entering my own phonenumber but I don't receive a message on my phone.

But should it work using the loadVariables action? Or do I have to use an action of XML?

Thanks for helping me

Unless you are sending or receiving data using XML there is no need to use the XML objects.

The LoadVariables and normal commands to interact with a web page will work fine.

Thanks

Luke

Perhaps the problem is that I have to send a username and password, too?

But I really don't know what to do.

Do you think the loadvariables is okay? Because I read that a servlet sometimes does not understand the POST action. Should I try GET?

Servlets can be coded to either except get or post information or both. Depends on how you have coded it. I know when I code servlets I always except only one form of communication (get or post) and ignore the other because they should be entering the data on forms that I specify. It might be worth checking the methods that get run to see if they are entering the data correctly.

Thanks

Luke

Okay. I checked at the firm that runs the servlet. They told me that it has a PSI (post submission interface) and it should work using the POST action. The used protocol should be HTTP 1.1. So what's wrong?