A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Is it possible to hide a URL?

Hey folks, is it possible to hide a URL such that the user doesn't know the exact address of the website they are viewing?

Also, is it possible to open up a web page from within an EXE projector file? In other words, I DON'T want to open up the webpage within a new browser window, but rather from within the EXE file itself.

Thanks!

The Slinkiest FatPig there is!

for the no address thing you could open up a window-less menu
    thats the way i would do it

I don't know about hiding URL's but what you can do is tell falsh to pass on hidden variables to a passworded page. What this does is make it if you attempt to go directly to the page you won't be able to access it... but if you go to it using the Flash file you've created with the hidden variable embedded in the Flash the site will open up. this process requires PHP and mySQL but it is easy and works well. Reply to me if you need specifics.

Hey Stinky, I don't think opening a new JavaScript window will serve my purpose. That's because someone can simply right-click and see the pop-up source code, and ultimately the website address. Can you think of a way around this?

Abusby, nice idea. Isn't there a way to pass variables to a login page without using PHP and MySQL and simply just pass the "hidden" variables to the page?