A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Fireworks4 or Photoshop 6? Which do you think is better?

Fireworks4 or Photoshop 6? Which do you think is better? Also, does anyone know of solid fireworks forum? This forum is great but I am looking for something more targeted.

Cheers,

In a cavern, in a canyon,
    Excavating for a mine,
    Dwelt a miner, forty-niner
    And his daughter Clementine.
    Oh my darling, Clementine

Depends on what you're doing ...

http://www.playingwithfire.com/

And you can try Pope's site ... UpNorth there is pretty proficient with FW if you need help
    PdF

HTH

I would go for Photoshop 6... It's the standard tool in the "industry", and really has no competition as I see it.

As said before, it does depend on what you are going to do, and how much money you got!

Sjur-K

You are comparing two different graphics softwares that were meant for different things.

Fireworks is a web graphics software which is very effective

Photoshop is for PHOTOs... you use it to edit and mess with photos...

You cannot really pick between the two and say one is better than the other....

yep, photoshop is THE standard, but does this matter?

depends on you. if you've got to do print design, go and get photoshop, if not, try fireworks, it's the best software for web-only design.

i personally love to work with fw, the combination of vector and bitmap tools is just perfect (for me) to do the layout of flash as well as html pages, fw also integrates beautifully with flash. just copy and paste or import your stuff into flash. or export your fw slices and all the js code easily.

i've also got freehand, but i prefer doing my layouts in fw.

some people also like corel or photopaint or http://www.mediachance.com/realdraw/index.html

trial versions a all programs are available. use the one you feel most comfortable with.

1 more link

Both, I use both all the time, Matching colors with fireworks to flash seems easier than photoshop to flash, theres a few other things, But Photoshop6 is simply more powerful when it comes to doctoering graphics. Lately I ve been use Flash for working some graphics, I wish you could do more with it.

photoshop for me

i have to say out of photoshop 5.5 (aint got 6 yet) and fireworks 4 i prefer photoshop but like said before its really up to you and what your doing

i like ps6 over fireworks...my site was all done in ps6 (the graphix parts )

wicked awesome
    Originally posted by Seangrady
    You are comparing two different graphics softwares that were meant for different things.

Fireworks is a web graphics software which is very effective

Photoshop is for PHOTOs... you use it to edit and mess with photos...

You cannot really pick between the two and say one is better than the other....
    agreed. but its a matter of what youre comfortable with. i use photoshop for web concepts because its very familiar to me. my art director uses fireworks because you can do concepting, slicing and exporting all in one program. ive used it but im still partial to photoshop because its like a security blanket AND between that and imageready, i get done what needs to be done.

Photoshop is the industry standard and once you get a hang of it you will see how powerfull it really is. Want proof? Click the link in my footer to see samples.