A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: **** THE FINAL BETA ****

Hello all,

We are releasing one last beta to test the software licensing system.
    You can download it here:

http://swishzone.com/SetupSwish2b6.exe
    Filesize: 3,093,937 bytes (3,022 KB)

When you run Swish for the first time you will see a "License Configuration"
    window. When you see this window, please follow these instructions:

1. Press the [Electronic Registration] button. (Do not enter anything
    into the Site Key field)
    2. You will see a Welcome page with some instructions. Press [Next >].
    3. You will see a Serial Number field. Enter "v2beta" (without quotes)
    and press [Next >]
    4. You will see an "Electronic Registration Wizard". You can enter whatever
    you like here, we are just using this to test communication between our
    server and the software wrapper. Press [Next >].
    5. Your software will now be registered over the internet. When the process
    is complete press [Finish].

After that you will be able to use this Swish beta for five days (which
    means it must be five days until...) Sorry, this version still won't export,
    but the release version will. Promise.

We greatly appreciate your help with testing this beta. If you have any
    problems with the software licensing system please contact
    mailto:hugh.boyd@swishzone.com

This last beta includes some user interface changes which (we hope) will
    make Swish 2.0 a little less intimidating and overwhelming. A lot of
    the toolbar buttons have been removed from the default layout, but they
    can be displayed using View > Toolbars.

If you intend to purchase SWiSH v2, you must uninstall this beta
    for correct registration of the release version.

Thanks for your help
    Cheers, David.

I'm sooooo happy ... I can finally rotate around a different axis YeeeHawww !!!

Well ... The registration part went smoothly ... In case you wanted to know ...

I was just about to get some sleep too ... Oh well, I guess that can wait until tomorrow

Thanks Mr. Michie ...

Looking forward to those 5 days from now ... *wink* *wink*

Again ... YeeeHawww !!!

Peaces
    Cadence

Wizard of preloaders
    Great master of web searches

is any delta version scheduled, or are we going to see the light?

It downloaded and installed without incident. It might be useful to mention that before the electronic registration process begins you get a message that your machine is being checked to see if you are qualified for a new version, followed by a message that you are not. At this point some might feel that the install has failed - just keep going and the process David described kicks in.

Cheers, and thanks, David, for the no longer very subtle hints about the release,

Flick

Wow ... Export to .AVI ... nice touch I'll probably never need it, but still ... It's a nice addition ... I'm still looking for other minor changes since the last Beta ...

Again, Thanks

Cadence

New 'user-friendly' interface is luvverly!

It didn't ask for registration on either of my machines?? I didn't launch it immediately on install finish. Guess I'll launch a couple more times before I raise the alarm though.

Ms M

"....message that your machine is being checked to see if you are qualified for a new version..."

Hi wcoleman, what exactly did it say, and when? After you selected 'Electronic Registration'?

thanks,

Hugh

Originally posted by wcoleman
    It downloaded and installed without incident. It might be useful to mention that before the electronic registration process begins you get a message that your machine is being checked to see if you are qualified for a new version, followed by a message that you are not. At this point some might feel that the install has failed - just keep going and the process David described kicks in.

Cheers, and thanks, David, for the no longer very subtle hints about the release,

Flick

Hi Ms M,

Consider the alarm raised! How many times have you run the SWiSH beta? Do you get a splash screen with the release information as July 7? If you do what does it say about the registration? It should say "5 days left out of 5".

thanks,

Hugh

Originally posted by Ms M
    New 'user-friendly' interface is luvverly!

It didn't ask for registration on either of my machines?? I didn't launch it immediately on install finish. Guess I'll launch a couple more times before I raise the alarm though.

Ms M

Installed fine for me. Registration didn't come up until I closed and reopened V2.

Hi Hugh

Here's what I did on my main machine:

1. uninstalled the dodgey v2b6 from last night [Aust. time] (which DID ask for registration).

2. installed the new v2b6 and closed without automatically launching the program.

3. opened from the desktop shortcut

4. it launched with the splash screen same as the dodgey version (with July 7 release date etc etc) and 5 days left etc.

5. closed & relaunched. same thing. and again.

On the 2nd machine (laptop) which I didn't load last night's dodgey beta onto, it asked for reg'n the 2nd time I opened the program, but not initially.

Thanks Ms M! I can sleep more soundly tonight :P

As you mentioned you installed and licensed the (phantom)v2b6 last night. When you reinstalled your latest copy you just kept the earlier license information. This is what will happen when we issue a bug update (if it ever happens .

The 2nd machine behaved exactly as it should. Run once, registration required the second time.

thanks,

Hugh

Originally posted by Ms M
    Hi Hugh
    Here's what I did on my main machine:
    1. uninstalled the dodgey v2b6 from last night [Aust. time] (which DID ask for registration).
    2. installed the new v2b6 and closed without automatically
    launching the program.
    3. opened from the desktop shortcut
    4. it launched with the splash screen same as the dodgey version (with July 7 release date etc etc) and 5 days left etc.
    5. closed & relaunched. same thing. and again.

On the 2nd machine (laptop) which I didn't load last night's dodgey beta onto, it asked for reg'n the 2nd time I opened the program, but not initially.

UNified
    Wednesday mmmmmm, sure seems like a Friday kind of software to me, witness last night, but any other day next week will be fine.
    The effort shows. Well done to all at SWISH and all the very best with the final release whatever day it may be.
    Jofta

PS David M, I just love those text alignment buttons up top.

David -

You may be interested in my experience - seems different from the others.

Installation went smoothly, I checked the Run Swish now checkbox at the end of the install and did not get a registration screen. I did notice that it said 1 of 1 tries (or something like that) on the Swish splash screen when it the program loaded. It wasn't until I exited and re-launched that the registration screen appeared. The registration worked fine.

Originally posted by HughB
    "....message that your machine is being checked to see if you are qualified for a new version..."

Hi wcoleman, what exactly did it say, and when? After you selected 'Electronic Registration'?

Hugh,

This happened before the electronic registration process, and after the installation had been reported as successful. There was a brief "checking to see if your machine is eligible for upgrade" (or something to that effect - I am running late and haven't had time to do it again, and didn't write it down the first time), then it said something to the effect of "eligible for one trial" and then the electronic registration came on.

Flick

[B]"....message that your machine is being checked to see if you are qualified for a new version..."
    Hugh -

I saw the same message - very brief as soon as I launched before anything else. The electronic registration screen didn't come up for me the first time, and I saw the message again the 2nd time I launched the program. The electronic registration also came up the second time. Completed the registration and haven't seen the message since.

hmmmm, can I ask your configuration: Win95,98,NT,2k,ME...? are you on a LAN - what type? There is no problem but I want to isolate all 'unusual activity'....

thanks,

Hugh

Originally posted by fballatore
    [B]

Hugh -

I saw the same message - very brief as soon as I launched before anything else. The electronic registration screen didn't come up for me the first time, and I saw the message again the 2nd time I launched the program. The electronic registration also came up the second time. Completed the registration and haven't seen the message since.

I just installed it and did not get any sort of "License Configuration" when I ran it. There was a splash screen that said something about "run 1 of 1" or something like that. It closed before I could read it all (its too early for speed reading), but it gave me the impression that my 5 days had quickly become 1. I'll let you know what happens.

I like the bit in the License that said:
    "We are not responsible for anything at all. Nothing."

hmmmm, can I ask your configuration: Win95,98,NT,2k,ME...? are you on a LAN - what type? There is no problem but I want to isolate all 'unusual activity'....

thanks,

Hugh
    Of course, no problem. Windows 2000 Professional SP2, connected to a LAN - Windows 2000 Advanced Server and Novell servers. What else do you need?

Originally posted by jlizard
    I just installed it and did not get any sort of "License Configuration" when I ran it. There was a splash screen that said something about "run 1 of 1" or something like that. It closed before I could read it all (its too early for speed reading), but it gave me the impression that my 5 days had quickly become 1. I'll let you know what happens.

I like the bit in the License that said:
    "We are not responsible for anything at all. Nothing."
    Sounds exactly like my experience. Have you exited the first instance of Swish and re-launched? I bet you'll get the license configuration then.

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    I haven't checked myself yet .. but you may find there's some sample Effect settings for most of the effects. Also you may find that there is some real online help now. Just depends wheher or not these were bundled in with this beta or not.