A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: **** THE FINAL BETA ****

Flawless

Flawless install, quite impressed with the simplified UI. Didn't detect any bugs running on Windows2000.

Re: Flawless

I have been importing some complex 3d swf animations from Swift 3d and they all import perfectly. I am not so sure flash would do the same. Looking good.

Originally posted by David Michie
    Johnie,

Can you give us a procedure to reproduce this problem?
    If we can reproduce it we can fix it. The "stack dump"
    information is essentially useless to us.

Cheers, David.
    I created a Circle (With a Red Fill) and set a fairly complicted motion path for it. I then went back to Frame 1 and created a Square with a complicated Radial Gradient Fill. I then put it on a simular motion path for my square. I then drew a Freform shape and was on the third or fourth part of the motion path and the program crashed with that stack dump.

Hung/Roger---Jpeg Image

Djj,
    Sorry for being later. I was working on a preloader in Beta 6. The problem I had was my fault. I recompressed a series of images from After Effects 4.0 and now Beta 6 imported them. Check the preload product done in Beta 6 below. I will use it as my standard preload when I get the main movie developed. Thanks to Cruise for his clear explanation of Preload-Bar. Here is the link for the Preload zip file. You must have Beta 6 to load and see.
    http://www.DatumStream.com/Demo/B6Preloader.zip

I tried to duplicate the crash but couldn't. The first time I did it I ahdn't registered yet so that may have something to do with it.

Swish2 seems a little resource hungry? It told me to shut down progams to run it and all I had open was 6 instances of IE and Outlook. Also it seems to hang on really complex animations and drawings- I'll share them- as I was testing the import SWF to see if Swish would play nicely with KoolMoves and Swift 3D created SWFs (for the most part it does but in some instances it doesn't). All of the Swift 3D files imported perfectly but many shapes, fills, and masks out of KoolMoves didn't go exactly right. I have a couple of Koolmoves created SWFS that just about kill the app and it didn't like to import morphing shapes much at all (which is one of the primary use of KoolMoves).

Warning all of these SWI's are rather large!!!!

http://johnie_cat.tripod.com/fanart.swi
    http://johnie_cat.tripod.com/mermaid.swi
    http://johnie_cat.tripod.com/movingface.swi
    http://johnie_cat.tripod.com/winking.swi

Well anyhow other than the 1 crash and the morphing shapes not importing right it looked good.

You will have to right click and save target as to grab those files.

please don't shoot me ...

First of all, I really hate to do this ... But, I think it needs to be done ... Second, I hope this is simple to fix.

I found a small bug ... It's hard to explain, and hard to reproduce ... I think it was a bug in a previous version (using typewriter effect followed by a blur) ...

So, I'll send the .swi's to you (Roger and Hung-Hsin) ...

Thanks

Let me know

Cadence

I hate bring bad news

None of my WMF's would import- I double checked to make sure they were good by opening them in metafile companion and KoolMoves.

WMF problems

Johnie can you please send the WMF files to:
    mailto:hhchang@optushome.com.au

Originally posted by HughB

Quoting rdbruski:

OK, all was fine until I hit OK after entering all my personal information. I get an error # -40005 Ping response was garbled -- sever may be down. This problably is because I am at work and behind a firewall. I have my browser up to this website typing this right now, because I entered my user name and password to get out of the firewall. There HAS to be the ability to get out of the firewall for this registration. LOTS of people will be downloading this proggy to work through a firewall. I'm sad. I've seen other programs pop-up with a username/password box to get out of the firewall.
    Just a note for Hugh - I run a pretty solid firewall in my office and I had absolutely no problems.

Effect presets

Did anyone notice the hundreds of saved effect settings?

Try the drop-down menu at the top of any (complex) effect dialog.

Cheers, David.

maintain line width ?

I think I'm misunderstanding "Maintain Line Width" ...

I understand that it keeps the object at 100% after you resize it --- draw a shape, then use handles to resize, and set that size as 100% ...

Now, by using the words maintain LINE width, I would assume that it would keep the same line width even as you transform the shape ... But, it doesn't appear to do that. I drew a rectangle, set the line width to 2pt., and checked the "maintain line width" box ... Then, set a Move effect, and had it resize the rectangle about 5x's it's 100% size (so, resize to 500%), and the line width ends up being about 10pt. at the end of the transform ...

So, if it is doing what it's supposed to do, then I think "maintain line width" would be misleading (since it doesn't actually maintain line width

Just double-checking it's definition ...

Thanks
    Cadence

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: maintain line width ?

Originally posted by Cadence
    I think I'm misunderstanding "Maintain Line Width" ...
    I think so too

Maintain line width does exactly that .. the width of the line is unchanged by using the drawing tools etc. IN other words, it resizes the shape itself rather then applying a scale. In other words, if you draw a rectangle, and then resize it to be twice as big while "maintain line widths" is on, the end result will be exactly the same as if you drew the rectangle that size in the first place.

HOWEVER this does not make any difference to when you apply a scale factor to the object using an effect. IN that case is IS scaled. And for that reason, you'll notice that "Maintain line widths" disappear in frame preview mode when you click on an effect, because it no longer applies.

So it is doing exactly the right thing. If it also applied during effects, then we'd really be doing shape morphs, which we do not do yet.

However

Okay, thanks for the clarification Roger ...

Keeping the object at 100% was the big issue anyway ... There are always ways around the actual "line-width" problem.

Nonetheless, I love all the new features

Peaces
    Cadence

Re: I hate bring bad news

Originally posted by johnie
    None of my WMF's would import- I double checked to make sure they were good by opening them in metafile companion and KoolMoves.
    Fixed!