A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: **** THE FINAL BETA ****

Just a quick THANKS to the entire development team for getting this GREAT project done and for putting up with all of our impatience! Looking forward to the final release next week (?).....

Install went fine.

Install went fine. Pentium II 400, 256meg RAM, DSL through a router on the network?

Am I nuts, what happened to "view in player" option? I guess I just lost it.

Downloaded and everything is fine. Registration seemed fine. UI looks good. Lotsa good new stuff. Everything seems a little more refined/cleaner. Less power hungry. More responsive to lots of quick commands.

I just noticed one feature which I never saw before. On the transform panel you can maintain line width on a shape you have drawn. That is fascinating, I know of no other vector drawing tool/program which allows you to do that. It goes against the basic concept of vector graphics. Usually when you create a vector shape it will always scale....all parts scaling proportionately.That is a great and interesting option. Swish is full of little surprises like that.

I dont think you can do that in Flash. Maybe there are things that Swish can do and Flash cannot.

AVI export? where did that come from? SWF is all I need. I would have much rather you spent time on SVG import. Scaleable Vector Graphics is going the be the vector format of choice in the very near future...I hope. We need one uniform vector format. Oh well maybe in an upgrade we can import SVG.
    [Edited by Xcel on 07-06-2001 at 05:51 PM]

Fantastic job!!!! Registration was smooth.
    Avi --- impressive.

I forgot to add that you guys will soon be corporate millionaires.....whether you like it or not.

I read in Davids interview that he liked movies that bust up corporate structure. I bet he will soon be sitting behind his computer just watching the Swish stock go up and down.

ScratchingEverything

100% Swedish

wow,

I think this part of Swish looks good ! Better to work with then the first versions ! I normally work with flash but I think this is also very great to work with !

The part you want to know..: I coulnt even find the registration part !

It started searching if i was elegiable for a trial or something, and then it popped swish up...

ScratchingEverything

100% Swedish

Never mind,

I wasn't looking good enough I was too busy fooling around with this great piece of voodoo magic ! Great program !

My compliments on this version...!!!

Now the registration part went good...

Been playing all day!!

B6 on my machine has been cake - no problems whatsoever. PIII/850 w/256MB RAM, Windows 2000 SP2, corporate LAN running Windows 2000 Server, firewall yada yada yada.

Hey - Roger and Hugh - you guys want me to test on Windows XP Professional??? I've got an XP Beta test machine set up here.

Let me know.

No problems at all. Looks great!

Originally posted by rdbruski
    David Michie said:

"When you run Swish for the first time you will see a "License Configuration window."

I clicked on "Launch on exit" and I got a few windows then the program came right up. No license config window. I then closed the program and immediatetly restarted it. The License Configuration window came up like a charm.

As a side note, in the License Configuration window, you say "If this beta has expired uninstall the application from your hard drive immediatlely ....thanks." I know that you have to uninstall the beta before you install the real deal, so this is the reason for this statement. But to someone reading this that doesn't know better it sounds like your hard drive will explode or something if you don't IMMEDIATELY uninstall. Maybe just make that line a little more clear as to why we should uninstall.

OK, all was fine until I hit OK after entering all my personal information. I get an error # -40005 Ping response was garbled -- sever may be down. This problably is because I am at work and behind a firewall. I have my browser up to this website typing this right now, because I entered my user name and password to get out of the firewall. There HAS to be the ability to get out of the firewall for this registration. LOTS of people will be downloading this proggy to work through a firewall. I'm sad. I've seen other programs pop-up with a username/password box to get out of the firewall. You may have to incorporate this into your registration process somehow.

I'm very sad. I can't test the Swish 2.0 b6 with all my friends Well, I can from home this weekend But I'm here all day

Hi rdbruski,

We are working on the firewall issue but a solution wasn't available for this release. On a brighter note I can get you a license manually. On the 'License Configuration' window there is a Site Code. Email it to me at hugh.boyd@swishzone.com and I will email you instructions on what to do.

thanks,

Hugh

Re: Can't import images...

Originally posted by Rainmaker
    David,
    I attempted to import images(jpeg) into Beta 6, single the first time and as a series the second. All I get is CAN NOT READ FILE, each attemp. Each image is 1K.
    Rainmaker,

Could you send the jpeg files to hhchang@optushome.com.au?

Cheers,

Hung-Hsin

Originally posted by Rykor
    Originally posted by David Michie
    We will be able to fix this one as long as we can repoduce the problem with your beta 5 .swi files here.
    Well like posted above you can dl one of the swi's http://www.truimage.net/my site.swiThe problem occurs after the splash when it actually trys to open the swi.
    Confirmed and fixed

Hung-Hsin

Re: On three seperate occasions

Originally posted by Jerry T
    I created a rectangle, made it transparent and moved it about then hit the back arrow and the entire thing freezes.

~Jer~
    Jerry,

I can't reproduce it. Could you send the swi to hhchang@optushome.com.au?

Cheers,

Hung-Hsin

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: Can't import images...

Originally posted by Rainmaker
    I attempted to import images(jpeg) into Beta 6, single the first time and as a series the second. All I get is CAN NOT READ FILE, each attemp. Each image is 1K.
    Please send us the image files

mailto:roger_onslow@dingoblue.net.au

Thanks

JPEG

I also tried to import a JPG file and got an error "unable to read the file"...I'm using Win2k. I tried a few things myself and found that the problem is only with one of the 8 JPG files I tried. I'm using the images that are installed by windows into the "My Pictures" folder. The "yosemite.jpg" images was the one that wouldn't load. It also happens to be the only one that is "grayscale, 8 bit"...I converted it to "gif" format and it loaded fine. Think it has something to do with the bit depth and/or the fact that it was grayscale. I'll test more pictures now using different bit depths and color depths.

JPG

I opened the grayscale image in Photoshop, converted it to RGB and it works fine in SWiSH now. Then I converted a working image that was in RGB mode, to grayscale mode and SWiSH couldn't read the file. So....what I concluded is that SWiSH has problems reading grayscale images ...easy..lol

SWiSHer extraordinaire
    Originally posted by Hannibal Smith
    Can't hold in SHIFT or CONTROL key to select multiple objects?
    Fixed now for next beta/release.

Thanks for picking that one up.

I had 3 moving shapes- a Circle, A Square with Radial fill, and a freeform shape.

All three were on Motion paths.

I got this stack dump:

SWISH2 caused an invalid page fault in
    module SWISH2.EXE at 0167:00453274.
    Registers:
    EAX=ffffffff CS=0167 EIP=00453274 EFLGS=00010246
    EBX=01350994 SS=016f ESP=008af370 EBP=008af8ec
    ECX=00000000 DS=016f ESI=00000000 FS=47e7
    EDX=008af6c8 ES=016f EDI=01350a2c GS=0000
    Bytes at CS:EIP:
    8b 01 ff 50 2c 8d 85 70 ff ff ff 8d 8d dc fd ff
    Stack dump:
    008af6c8 013629d0 01350994 004319e2 005fbb78 bff7b9c5 838e7498 00000000 00573c6e bff741f7 00780bf0 bff54e68 0001d3a4 00780bf0 bff55625 bfe915ae

Johnie,

Can you give us a procedure to reproduce this problem?
    If we can reproduce it we can fix it. The "stack dump"
    information is essentially useless to us.

Cheers, David.

Re: JPEG

Originally posted by SPAZINdotCOM
    I also tried to import a JPG file and got an error "unable to read the file"...I'm using Win2k. I tried a few things myself and found that the problem is only with one of the 8 JPG files I tried. I'm using the images that are installed by windows into the "My Pictures" folder. The "yosemite.jpg" images was the one that wouldn't load. It also happens to be the only one that is "grayscale, 8 bit"...I converted it to "gif" format and it loaded fine. Think it has something to do with the bit depth and/or the fact that it was grayscale. I'll test more pictures now using different bit depths and color depths.
    Fixed. The next release would be able to read 8-bit gray scale JPEG.