A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: credits ideas?

I'm building a website and there are a ton of people who have helped to contribute to the content of the site so I'm adding a credits section to it. I want their names along with their job title to roll like end credits of a movie or tv show. Any suggestions on how I might do this the easiest way possible?

the easiest way but not the smartest way is to put all the names in a textbox a row after a row and to tween it up with . and maybe put a maske over it and make it look like a fade

would that way make the file larger than another way? I want to keep the file small. Is there another way that might keep the size down?

That's how I would go about it.

The File size wont get alot bigger if you do it with one text box

you could make a text field and load the text file as variable.Put a box at the top and the bottom, fill them with 0% alpha to 100% alpha of the background color (the 0% alpha beeing towards the text field). Make a large button that covers the stage and put a scrolling action on it the works as an OnMouse(over) function

A neet way to do it, but I'm not sure about the size constraints, would be to use swish. Design it using the slide in from bottom to center, then fade out. (One credit at a time) Kinda like the star wars opening without the scaling. It looks awesome when complete.

Just an idea