A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>> THE FINAL BETA UNWRAPPED 2001.07.30

This may be a silly question

but how do you add an effect from the directory within swish 2.0? you know the 150 of them?

SWiSHer extraordinaire

Re: This may be a silly question

Originally posted by John1234
    but how do you add an effect from the directory within swish 2.0? you know the 150 of them?
    Add an effect (like explode, snake etc) as usual.

The effect settings dialog should appear for that effect.

Click on the dropdown arrow at the top of the effect sheet next to the effect name

You should see a menu of the available effect settings

Select one to apply those settings to the current effect.

You can also (if you promise not to stuff it up ) use the Organise Effects button at the top of the settings dialog to bring up windows explorer looking at the appropriate folder on your hard drive. From here you can rename or delete settings etc. But please make sure you don't copy settings from one effect folder to another, as SWiSH won't know what to do if you put (say) snake effect settings in the wave effect fodler .. in fact it will probably crash.

Amazing stuff...

I am truly impressed and cannot wait for the official version. Keep up the good work folks!

Roger!

Roger thank you , and just like to speak for everyone here Swish has developed into something amazing! it is truley matches, and even beats flash.

Well done chaps! can't wait for the final release

No complaints, Giving something back... Text effects

Updated to Beta 6u. So far so good.

No problems yet.

Tried to duplicate a text effect from a GIF
    animation program and in the process came
    up with a few variants on the effect.

For what it's worth. These would go under
    the \Alternate subfolder in the Swish 2.0 Beta 6 u
    directory (assuming you took the default location
    on the install)

Hope this becomes a habit. Share the wealth.

Swish Rocks! Swish 2.0 Rules!!

My humble opinion...

They're all in a (SMALL) zip file:

http://home.earthlink.net/~spurtnik3/swish-sfx.zip

Enjoy.

P.S. The Double Vision effects are NOT stand alone. They
    were created in tandem with the Rotate to Red effect.
    Create the same text twice in the same location. Apply
    the Rotate to Red effect to the one string of text. Apply
    any of the three Double Vision text effects to the other
    string to see how these effects work.

[Edited by dinkledorf on 07-10-2001 at 11:24 AM]

I'm not sure if this is intentional or not but here is something I just found.

I started a new movie and inserted an image. I wanted to size it down to 50% so on the "Shape" tab I clicked on "Properties". With the "Uniform" box checked I changed the % to 50. The picture changed to 50% but it left a blur effect out to the original boundries. However, when I changed the % under the "Transform" tab instead, it worked as expected.

Here's a .swi to show you what I mean. Scene 1 is changing the % with the "Properties" button on the "Shape" tab. Scene 2 is using the "Transform" tab.

http://jlizard.tripod.com/blur_pic.zip

Sorry, I had to zip it. Apparently you can't download .swi files from a Tripod site. At least I couldn't when I tried.

Select zoom area bug:

While making a small movie of 600x80, I drew a small rectangle 217x40 and drug it off of the movie area. I did this so I could zoom in on it alone and put some text into it. With the select zoom area tool I drew a box around it. When I released it, the movie area zoomed in, not the box above the movie area. It doesn't always do this. But, I can duplicate it about 8 out of 10 times.

If I do get the box zoomed in that I want, and use the sliderbars to fine tune where I'm looking, the view snaps back to the movie area.
    [Edited by rdbruski on 07-10-2001 at 11:56 AM]

Windows NT

Cannot use Shift-F5 to delete a frame.

I lose the ability to click in the ouline window sometimes. Usually after grouping several objects (both native and imported). The outline window either goes blank or the list is unworkable. This is running in Win2K SP2.

When I use the delete key to change the x,y coordinates or size, the object and/or effects delete not the characters in the text box. Then, when I push CTRL+Z to Undo, nothing happens. I found this the same for F5 and Shift+5. I pushed them in preview mode and edit mode, and nothing happened.

Originally posted by Hannibal Smith
    When I use the delete key to change the x,y coordinates or size, the object and/or effects delete not the characters in the text box. Then, when I push CTRL+Z to Undo, nothing happens. I found this the same for F5 and Shift+5. I pushed them in preview mode and edit mode, and nothing happened.
    I thing HH has fixed the ctrl-z issue.

Could you re-explain your other problem in detail so I can try to reproduce it?

1. Select an existing shape or text object or import/create one and select it.
    2. Click on a x, y, height, width, or scale value. When you have the flashing cursor inside of the text box, or when some of the numbers are highlighted, press the delete key.
    3. That object object is deleted instead of the numbers, and the only way to remove numbers is the backspace key.

It works both for "Frame Preview" disabled and on. It's close to the annoying feature in IE when you're editing a URL in the address toolbar. Sometimes when you press the DELETE key, the browser goes back to the last page, instead of removing the next character in the URL, which you're trying to edit.

1. Select an existing shape or text object or import/create one and select it.
    2. Click on a x, y, height, width, or scale value. When you have the flashing cursor inside of the text box, or when some of the numbers are highlighted, press the delete key.
    3. That object object is deleted instead of the numbers, and the only way to remove numbers is the backspace key.

It works both for "Frame Preview" disabled and on. It's close to the annoying feature in IE when you're editing a URL in the address toolbar. Sometimes when you press the DELETE key, the browser goes back to the last page, instead of removing the next character in the URL, which you're trying to edit.
    Ahh yes! I've noticed this myself. It has to do where the focus is when you enter the box. Easy fix.

Also, I've noticed that bug in IE as well. Thought it was just me.

Originally posted by jlizard
    I started a new movie and inserted an image. I wanted to size it down to 50% so on the "Shape" tab I clicked on "Properties". With the "Uniform" box checked I changed the % to 50. The picture changed to 50% but it left a blur effect out to the original boundries. However, when I changed the % under the "Transform" tab instead, it worked as expected.
    It's not a bug. The "Properties" only scales the size of the filled image. The size of the shape is still the same. If you fill a large shape with a smaller clipped image, the pixels on the edges of the image will extend to the boundary of the shape. It's the behavior of Flash Player.

Good evening Hung-Hsin Chang. Well, I should say good moring. Its 12:18AM here in the states. Time is it there? Doing your report checkin?

Hope all goes well. Looking forward to exporting some nice 2.0 stuff soon.

...object is deleted instead of the numbers, and the only way to remove numbers is the backspace key...
    This has been fixed.

BTW, its 2:20 on Wednesday afternoon here.

Cheers, David.

Originally posted by spam.lover
    I lose the ability to click in the ouline window sometimes.
    spam.lover,

When you go to Help > About SWiSH what is the build date you see there? 2001.07.09?

We can't reproduce this bug, but Roger made a few changes earlier in the week which hopefully fixed this one. We need to know which version you are using to determine whether this still needs fixing.

Cheers, David.

Help/KeyFrame

David,
    I have two item of note. I don't know if anyone has replyed on this but, the Help Topic Manual need some work on it before your release. Typing error, spelling and some misgiving on some subjects. The other note is that in the Help topic you talked about the KEY FRAME with the indicator of a little black dot in the upper right corner of an effect. Well David I have not seen it! I will check your reply in a couple of hours at work. I have to get some sleep.

Rainmaker,

Since the last release the help file has been edited.
    We have also fixed a bug that prevented the keyframe
    dots from being displayed on Win95/98/ME.

Cheers, David.

All well and good for the pc boys but what about the mac version?