Hi, I really appreciated the posts in tis forum branch, i do agree a lot of things which have been said here, but i found most of the posts quite separated from what i believe design is about. I wouldn't define it as just a tool for the industry as it appears to be the case for most of the "posters". The act of designing involves more than just to satisfy the client. The end user doesn't seem to be the main interest for some peopls, I couldn't find better words to illustrate what my feelings about what i have read today than those words which i borrowed from adbusters.org:

"You come up with a stunning package design for a killer product. Your boss is pleased. The client is thrilled. Your design is entered in and wins a prize from the American Institute of Graphic Arts. The certificate is hung on the office wall for everyone to see. You're interviewed by design magazines and featured on websites. Your colleagues leave clever voice-mail messages of congratulations. You bask in the glory, and you get a raise. Your firm sends you on an all-expenses-paid trip to Las Vegas to attend the American Institute of Graphic Arts' America: Cult and Culture conference.

Bravo! You can now count yourself a member of the graphic arts community - one of five hundred thousand designers, creative directors and visual communicators around the world, all with a common purpose, all glorifying the virtues of consumer capitalism, all tripping over each other to kiss corporate ass. What do responsibility or ethics have to do with any of this? We're talking creativity here - giving order to information, form to ideas, beauty to expression. This isn't about politics. Let the "helping professions" change the world if they think they still can. They have their job, and you have yours. "

Never underestimate the power of design.

I don't mean to be offensive in any way, but i hope that our profession will one day become able to get more involved into what we are actually doing: creating the world we live in. Fil

Excuse my english.