A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dot Com Budget

I have a question ...it is ... what it takes to setup a dot com company? ...any paper work or budget statement to share? ... then come ... reply this email and feel free to share your thoughts and thinking about how to setup an e-business. The company will do manage a web portal where there will be a web community (chat, email, auction), online transaction( selling club merchandise/membership), advertising banner management, webcasting(video/audio), updated web content, and maybe one or two web application. So what does it takes? ... how much that will cost? $150,000 << is it enough ? ... for your information I'm in Malaysia.

Get Squared Away.
    All i know is you can get a domain name for 8.95 at godaddy.com. As far as the other costs, that all depends on how much you know how to do yourself. Also, you'll need a host, and to do what you're talking about, that would be in the upwards of 30-50 per month. I think you can do a lot with way less than 150000

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Evidently you are under the impression dot comes make a lot of money or something.

hi there,

im fr m'sia too. it's certainly not cheap at all trying to set up the portal that you mentioned, whatmore with stuff like webcasting, transactions and web applications.

a recent project that employs only a fraction of the features went for RM150,000. and that was only for stuff like e-mail, msg board, etc...

so if you're talking about a dotcom company, with workers and a physical office and everything ... it's definitely gonna be way higher.

also... i think this topic should be posted on another board.