A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: moving the entire animation--ain't working

what up with this? I've followed the instructions in the help file to a T and yet, my entire animation is not moving uniformly. All I want to do is shift the entire scene over--inevitably, when I select all the layers and then hold down the shift and select what has been left behind, I'm still not getting everything [everything is blacked out and it looks as though all is selected]. I've been playing w/ this for the last hour and I get quirky, inconsistent results--does anyone have suggestions?

Lightbulb my solution

In case this might be helpful to anyone, I seem to have stumbled upon a solution--I opened up the Movie Explorer window and then expanded all the folders in there [so there were no more "+" signs, only "-" signs showing. Then, I selected all the layers--this successfully selected everything. It didn't work when I hadn't expanded all the folders--seems like everything needs to be showing in order for it to work.Anyway, that was my solution--the help file directions simply didn't work for me.

Hi there,
    What you need to do is click on the Edit Multiple Frames button. Then go about selecting the frames and/pr layers you want moved.

Cheers,
    micmac

been there, tried that

you know, I tried that and it didn't work. [that's what the help files directions stated]. maybe i was doing something wrong, i dunno...