A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CD Biz Card

CD Biz Card

I have been having a bit of a problem with CD Biz Cards implementing ALL of the following:

1) AutoRun for Mac and PC
    2) Flash Detection
    3) Maximizing the Screen
    4) Closing the Screen

I use CD Everywhere, and the Flash Deployment Tool Kit as well as some other scripts to do the rest of the tasks. I seem to run into errors wityher with Netscape or IE. Mind you I am trying to open an Index.htm page with Flash imbedded.

Does anyone have a solid solution for all of the above?

Thanks!

Evan

Dude,

Why are you trying to do that? Why not create a stand alone projector and put the flash straight on the CD? I have a done several CD Business Card projects before and having a HTML document is the wrong way to go. With a stand alone .exe you dont have to worry about flash detection or any other web browsers. Also, in order to have it run on both Mac and Windows you have to partion your cd for both MAc and WinAll of the other topics are covered in the newbies section. And, if you are using other third party software tools, find a eXescope or Resouce Hacker to change the icons and right click option. Good Luck.

Umm..

Sean is right about making the projector... But you don't have to partition your hard drive and all that nonsense... CDeverywhere takes care of that as well as auto run for mac and pc.... Full screen is a fscommand.... Closing screen a little actionscript and a button to press...

Need more specifics hollar...

Kevin..

By the way...??

Do you have a source for inexpensive mini business card CD's...?? I currently pay .50 ea with a plastic sleeve no matter if I buy 1 or a 1001... No matter if they are rounded edge, rectangle, or 3" Mini ROM's.... I just wondered if you had seen them cheaper in such a low quantity....?? I've seen some sites sellng them for $2.00 ea and people pay it?? Wierd...

Thanks...

CD

Thanks Kevin,

The cheapest I have seen Biz Card CD's are .59 cents for 100 PLUS the sleeve. Where can I get CD Biz Cards for 50 cents each? Thats a good deal!!

Thanks,

Evan

Evan...

I buy them from tapes.com...

I also charge $1.50 ea for duplication and full color glossy label for the mini cd cards in a sleeve in quantity's of 250 or less $1.25 for 250-500 or $1.00 500+... Have you seen a more competitive price anywhere else?

$0.50???? Cheapest I Saw was $1.00...

THe cheapest I saw there was 1.00 for the bus card ones and $0.80 for the mini's... Are yours so cheap cause you buy them in huge quantities or is there a trick to this?

PS: Your prices for the finished products are pretty good, below is about the average for what I've seen on the web... Business Card CD Duplication (per disc)
    Qty Price*
    1-24 $9.99
    25-49 $7.99
    50-99 $5.99
    100-199 $4.99
    200-299 $4.49
    300-499 $3.99
    500+ $3.49

or

Business Card CD Replication (per disc)
    Qty All Shapes*
    500 $1.95
    1,000 $1.25
    2,000 $1.05
    5,000 $0.90
    10,000 $0.80
    25,000 $0.70
    50,000 $0.66
    100,000 $0.62

(CDWORKS.com)

or another place had 100 of them for 199.00... So the prices you've laid out are pretty good.

DS
    [Edited by dsmmg on 07-10-2001 at 08:40 PM]

I wasnt saying that you had to partion your hard drive. I was told that if you want a cd that will both run on Mac and PC you have to use a CD Burner software program that will partion the CD so that it can run on both systems. That was what I was trying to say.

Those prices are pretty cheap.......
    I have been working with 2$ a cd for material costs.
    I have been doing the burning at home with my own equipment.

Biz card CD's

Has anyone used the Handi-cd creator kit from NEATO? It comes with an app of the same name that is more commonly known as Rom With A View.

The full version (Director's Cut) has full ActiveX support and is pretty handy for integrating flash projects into standalone autorun apps.

I used a version of the product to create an Autorun for a Hip-Hop group called No Luck Club, under the label 75ARK (not yet released). There is a seamless flash app inside th autorun that communicates back and forth via ActiveX methods, events and properties.

With thousands of activeX controls available for relatively nothing, the possibilities are endless as to what you can do with a little scripting. For example, a command could be sent from flash and used to spawn a method in another control, launching a movie, playing an mp3, accessing the registry, etc.

Check it out at http://www.moonvalley.com