A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [Resolved] [Resolved] [Resolved] SWiSH WiSH LiST

Choice Bro!
    Hi all,

As you may all know, Swish vesion 2 is due around December.
    And well, if you had one wish for an extra feature, what would it be? you never know David M may read this and grant your wish in the next version!

Just for starters....

The ability to insert frames anywhere in a scene!

(You wouldn't want to know the amount of times i've had to rebuild a scene....and wouldn't have to if i could insert a frame!)

Cheers All

Rich

Rollover Here

My wish list:

1)Flat toolbar look ala MS Office 2000.
    2)Little arrows beside the undo/redo button like MS Office 2000. When you click the arrows, it pops up a list of changes, which then you can select to undo/redo the changes you made. More intuitive imo.
    3)Anything in Flash 5 and Flash 5 SWF SDK that can easily be added to Swish.

My 4 Main SWiSH Wishes right now

My 5 Main SWiSH wishes for right now:

1) Echoing you, add/delete scenes across the timeline, across multiple elements at one time;

2) Import Movie Clips or other Swishes like Flash's import movie clips (this will do away with the nagging riddle of repeating motion on one part of the stage while the movie progresses on the rest of the stage -- goodbye redundant effects! Is this even possible in Swish? If this becomes possible in Swish, this will be major);

3) Import Vector Artwork to minimize file size and maximize manipulation of images;

4) Multiple item select/grouping;

5) Element Naming: Hmm, now which webding "g" am I trying to manipulate here anyway? Having the ability to "alias" our text and image elements will help make more sense of the Swish movie.

Those are my five majors for right now. David, I hope you'll give some thought to the idea of continual release/update along with the $10 upgrade price for 1.52 onward, rather than saving everything (including the upgrade price) until December. Personally, I think it benefits both you and the users to keep things coming as they're developed. I love the excitement, and I love the features as they become available. Swish has made a major leap in the last 8 weeks.

Thanks for the eartime, Will

ONly one wish..

I have only one wise..

LOCK SCENES and EFFECTS..anytime ... everywhere ))

thanks!

wish list

Something like the action scripts' ability to Randomize Characters (alpha, numeric, both, amount, ect) would really be cool.. I was surprised it wasn't included.

Just some more kool effects

Wish...

I wish when we export our swf from SWiSH we could choose to have it closed or opened so that it can't be imported into flash by others.

got'em already

flashopper covered all of my wishes exactly!

I wish for:

1) More audio control...fade out, more seamless loops,volume control.

2)The ability to embed another .swf within a .swi

3)Gif animation support (and control too maybe?)

I Wish...!!

tell swish what i want and make it for me when i am sleeping hehehehe

Choice Bro!
    Hey, David M..

If this wish list is too much for Version 2.0...
    Then theres always version 2.5 or 3.0

Rich

delicious list of features

David and team, pay attention to this thread, it's got some great ideas in it! Keep 'em coming!...

two words

Mac version

I hate working on this POS PC at work.

I'm a raw newbie, and maybe I'm missing something that is already present, cos nobody else has mentioned it - but the ability to HIDE a layer or element temporarily - this would be so useful in everything but the most simple animations.

Am I missing something?

In the scene windows, you will see an eye in front of the elements, clicking once on it will hide that element, a red cross will appear on the eye icon.

If I could add something to Swish I'd add text color effects like gradients and textures would rule... And just maybe... And the ability to add some demension to the font effects... 2d maybe 3d would be cool. And finally a shape morph... So you can morph from text to text... Not to much to ask eh?

FuzionGuru

Choice Bro!
    Hi again,

21kine said,

"In the scene windows, you will see an eye in front of the elements, clicking once on it will hide that element, a red cross will appear on the eye icon"

This feature only works when constructing a scene.
    Perhaps MrQWERTY would like the ability to HIDE a layer or element temporarily while the scene is played back??

I could see this being usefull on complex animations.

Cheers

Rich

New Features - or Not!

21Kine - Yes you're right. Wow this is gonna make a difference - thanks

New Features

Instinct - Yes, now I've tried it the eye feature is limited. Like Flash, the ability to playback a movie without certain elements would be useful.

Export to GIF

I need to make duplicate sites without Flash for those without the Flash Player. It would be great if I could export my .swi as an animated gif.