A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: movie exchange

I have a mama.exe file within which loads movie1.swf and movie2.swf. within movie2.swf I have a button, when pressed will unload movie2 and load movie1.swf instead (within mama.exe of course). My problem is, how can I set up this button (inside of movie2) to go back to the last frame in movie1.swf, instead of the first frame?
    Please help :-(

you could have the following on release action:

tell target /movie 1
    go to and play frame 1

that should do it. If you want to load in the movie, then have that in the on press action.

loading movies

Originally posted by bloo
    I have a mama.exe file within which loads movie1.swf and movie2.swf. within movie2.swf I have a button, when pressed will unload movie2 and load movie1.swf instead (within mama.exe of course). My problem is, how can I set up this button (inside of movie2) to go back to the last frame in movie1.swf, instead of the first frame?
    Please help :-(
    I received a reply by inque. However, it did not seem to work. I placed a telltarger/movie1 and go to frame label blah after load movie1 inside the button's script. but that did not help me.

I'll try to clarify:

First, make a blank movie and call it movie1 this is where movie1.swf is going to be loaded. Next, the button the actions should be as follows, as long as movie 2 was loaded into Layer1:
    Code:
    On (Press)
          Unload Movie (1)
    End On
    On (Press)
          Load Movie ("movie1.swf", "/mc1")
    End On
    On (Release)
          Begin Tell Target ("/mc1")
                Go to and Play (1)
          End Tell Target
    End On
    Make sure you labeled the instance of your blank movie, mc1. Hope that helps. Regards
    Sasha Guru