A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: P-DIDDY.COM... WAS THIS PURE FLASH5?

Cool

Flash-Masters,

Question: I'm quite new 2 Flash... but highly motivated to become great (tutorials, books... i know, i know!)

I found this site and I wondered if anybody could tell me if this was totally done in Flash 5 or not! Cause to me this site is incredible. See my goal is a site of this level... and I need to know where I can make a site like this in. Just Flash 5 or Flash 5 and Dreamweaver.. PLEASE HELP ME!!!!!!! Cause if I know where I can make a site like this is.. I can indulge myself with that program! I'm still not sure if it's even possible to make a entire site with Flash 5... I already said i'm quite new.

The site is from our "friend" p.diddy...

it's http://www.P-DIDDY.COM

Cool Site - Yes, you can do an entire site in Flash, although that particular site embeds the main flash movie in an HTML page (a pretty easy way to tell is to right-click various parts of the screen - if it says flash at the bottom of the menu then you know it's done in flash, if it doesn't say flash then it's HTML - or right-click the HTML part of the page and 'view source'.) YOu can probably do most of that site after just doing all of the tutorials in the help menu of flash - however, this page has some cool scrolling effects that incorporate some fairly complicated actionscripting - just start plugging away! (I suggest flashkit tutes...) good luck. Love, J_red

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    The site is pretty cool, but to be honest.. the DLOAD is huge. I dont think there was very good thought put into that considering his ideal demographics. I dont see fans of hip hop music waiting that long. The lifestyle seems to be centered around 'right here, right now'

Just my opinion anyhow....

Smile P-DIDDY.COM.. THANKS

Hey flasherz,

Thanx for replying!!!

Okay so they combined HTML and FLASH... uhm where did they build this site in then? Give me some advice... should I just try and get to know Flash first and make a site with that before I attempt to combine HTML and FLASH?

Thanx again!

Re: P-DIDDY.COM.. THANKS

they built the main part in flash, then created a page(s) in dreamweaver/some html program and then put the flash main part inside that page. technically you could do the whole thing in flash. Again I suggest you buy a copy of Flash5, open it up on your computer, go to help>lessons>lesson01 and follow along - there are 8 or so tutes inside Flash5 that are pretty sweet. Good Luck. J_red