A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: The Biggest Flash Project in the World

I have just visited a media/ online magazines website that claims to be the biggest flash site in the world. Let me tell you it is an astounding site. It is amazing what people come up with.

The URL is http://www.rushstreetmedia.com

Well, it may become the largest Flash site in the universe, but that's a far cry from the BEST. I prefer quality over quantity...

and come to think of it, originality over what looks like massive amounts of copyright infringement.

Yeah.. it may be pretty big and long, but it doesn't do what a good intro should do- give you some sense of what the site is all about. I sat there thinking "what on earth kind of site is this? a technology company? a media publication?" very confusing. there's got to be a purpose for your presentation.

massive amounts of copyright infringement??? Show me a site that even comes close. I have looked at the site, Ok the intro needs work but the content looks very original. I have see magazines on the net before and nothing compares to it. I might be new to the flash game, but I find the site east to navigate the music colerful and the stories creative.

ick.

I have to say, that site didnt impress me at all. How can it claim to be the biggest flash site in the world when there is only a handfull of sections on there?

IMHO there are many better flash 'magazines' out there.

Smile

Many apologies to the members of Flashkit on the early and misleading statements made by one of our very inexperienced staff members. We do claim to be the biggest flash project undertaken to date. http://www.rushstreetmedia.com is a collection of not one but 21 independent on-line and CD published magazines, covering 12 cities in the US. All magazines are specific to the city they will be hosted in. the magazines FASHION, SPORTS and LOCAL UNKOWN real stories of real people. The site also includes iPlexcinema a collection of independent shorts and full length feature films. It also will include our very own radio stations with a 9 to 5 news network. The unique thing about the site, is that is produced entirely out of flash. The main page is basic because it serves as a gateway to all the others. Yes, there were ideas and concepts born at flashkit, ideas that found a place. I would again apologize for the cross postings from our staff member and would ask that you review the site with content not just the intro, We are a media company providing entertainment to the internet. We will also be looking for developers willing to work on building this site to in the cities the magazine will be coming to.

Thank you
    Dakota James
    VP Internet ventures Rush Street Media Inc.

Welcome to the nexus of full media entertainment?

Hmm...sound very similar to my "the nexus of visual entertainment"

and about your start-page, not that I care that the Meta-tags are copied, we all do, but to assign "Copyright" to them?
    If you other people check :

http://www.dreams2.com

and view the source you´ll see the similarities.(the nexus of visual entertainment/full media entertainment)

and Dakota, I know we have been in touch through emails, but I cant remember we discussed anything about using my quotes in your movie. I know you give me about 1.3 seconds of credit, it´s not that. I just think you should´ve asked my permission to use them.
    and if now I did give you permission, I would appriciate to read those email-transactions.

There´s not even a link to my site.

later gaters,

Not impressed.

I agree...I was not very impressed with this site. It just doesn't seem to come together very well. It's loose and and sloppy, and didn't do a very good job at keeping my attention.

dreams2.com, on the other hand, is very sweet!

Well thakns designedbyG, im glad you like my site.

take care,

average

Well, in my opinion, this site intro needs some major focus on production values and attention to detail.

A few graphic design courses probably would not hurt either.

Not a professional level effort in my opinion.

No thanks.

to rectify a matter

Dakotajames(rushstreetmedia) did asked me about permission, and I said yes, all I can say is that my memory isnt what it used to be.

No harm, no foul

later gaters,

I wanted to see what all the fuss was about -- but it took so long to load, I left.

it was almost as good as this "cool" site.

http://www.andromedatv.com/

My first impression is "what in the blue F" was that.