A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anybody know 2advanced Logo Font?

not the bankgothick
    but the font he used on the word "2ADVANCED"
    looks like most of 2advan fans are looking for this font

font of mystery...

can anybody find it?

Well, i'm not sure the exact font but a close one is "beware", but it is all in lower-case

Why would you want that font .... apart from to copy the 2Advanced look!! ... imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but do it too much and it may just become copyright infringement!

2HT
    tone001 is right on this one guys. I may not have that many posts up on flashkit right now....but i have done quite a bit of work on flash myself. it's one thing to get the font used and design it yourself. however...it's another thing to just try and copy the work of another individual. the beautiful part about flash is that we can ALL have our own UNIQUE quality and make the most out of our own designing abilities. that's what differentiates one person's web design from another.

I would just like to point out I in no way suggested I would partake in the mimicry of 2advanced design or condone its use. I merely suggested an alternative font.

CapTy99.com Webmaster
    im w/ thodya, the threat of 2advanced rip offs are already affecting the fk crew, haha.

Originally posted by tone001
    Why would you want that font .... apart from to copy the 2Advanced look!! ... imitation may be the sincerest form of flattery, but do it too much and it may just become copyright infringement!

Easy there cowboy, the guy is just looking for a font!

Why is it that you've helped many others in this forum with their font problems, including identifying fonts, yet now you have a problem with it? Is it because it's a "2advanced font"? I'm seriously confused...

Anyhoo, graphicture: Which text are you talking about exactly? I can see at least 3 fonts on the front page alone. Which text uses the one you're looking for?

later skaters.

yeah what he said

Originally posted by squink
    Originally posted by tone001

Easy there cowboy, the guy is just looking for a font!

Why is it that you've helped many others in this forum with their font problems, including identifying fonts, yet now you have a problem with it? Is it because it's a "2advanced font"? I'm seriously confused...

Anyhoo, graphicture: Which text are you talking about exactly? I can see at least 3 fonts on the front page alone. Which text uses the one you're looking for?

later skaters.
    The one says "2 Advanced"
    and i just want the font guys... not like i'm gonna cheat over 2A and violate the copyright.

i'm thinking it's a custom made font. by EJ.

Pablo Picasso once said

"Good artists copy, great artists steal"

So lets have it with that font name already=oÞ

If anyone here was seriously looking for the font they could have just searched for it here at Flashkit and found it..

And what is the big deal with 2advanced.com?
    I will admit the new look is much better than the old one, but I still dont see whats so awe inspiring about it.
    And there is absolutely no content to it, I wait ages for a section to load then there is about 3 lines of text and that is it, it hardly keeps my attention for any length of time.

Oh and its a really cocky name for a design studio, the sort of name your friends would have come up with when you were eigth years old.

yipes!

what is the big deal? Many people have asked to identify fonts before, that's partially what this forum is for!

Nobody said anything about copying!

As for the font, I don't know, sorry. I'm not a 2advancedy person...I always thought it was bankgothic but I dunno...I'm sure someone will though.

Lightbulb

You know it is actually very hard to find a font by description alone using the fonts section of flashkit unless you know the name, since lots of creators don't actually describe the font, thus the search facility tends to be kind of hit and miss.

It's called SofaChrome, you can download an Italic version from http://www.larabiefonts.com

I emailed him asking if there were a non-italic font, but he didn't reply (yet).

YEAH!
    ceep on chillin´

Originally posted by diffuser
    YEAH!
    ceep on chillin´
    You're welcome.

Here it is!

It's called 'Excelsior' you can download it at http://www.fontfreaks.com

Wouter,
    It may be just me but that link to fontfreaks just took me to some index page that had links to nowhere. That's cool you found the name for it because after closer inspection sofachrome didn't look like the font. Now you've given us the name but the link no worky..help me. you da man.

____
    MIKE

From what I checked out it definitely is not excelsior. Wouter is sending us on wild goose chases.

Originally posted by FlasherX01
    From what I checked out it definitely is not excelsior. Wouter is sending us on wild goose chases.
    It is excelsior! most definatly. And if ur not sure, why dont you ask Eric Jordan himself? He has helped me numerous times finding fonts.