A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Check out my site

Check out Stoned Animations Online
    http://www.geocities.com/stonedanimations

This is my site and you can e-mail asking abouyt the site but i might not reply as i am in the middle of designing the site and trying to design some games for ever one to havea go on...

The site should be up and running by this time next year so keep having a look now and then to see if it has been up dated or been finished

more info soon

- Chris

looks pretty cool. on the section pages, the email addresses sort of load on top of each other. and the title of your page is stoneed animations. not sure if that's a typo or not. you might want to look into getting a domain for $30/year and cheap hosting, like $10/mo for 5MB and unlimited email- i could hook you guys up. hotmail and geocities don't look to credible to your potential customers. you might want to keep the menu on the left up when you go to the different sections because the back button isn't too obvious. when going from the sound section to the main section, there's some weird email address overlap with the webmaster email addy.

in the pop-up window for profiles, you might want to make the window taller or give your user a scroll bar.

are you guys going for the whole drug idea with your name? just curious.

other than that, looks like you guys have a pretty cool site.

i know

i saw that when i was editing the site last night and i have been working on the site so now ther eshould not be as many bugs as before well go have a look in bout 30 mins as i am uploading the new site with less bugs

- Chris

Update in place

I have fixed most of the bugs in our OS system now and i have added a new interface that i am working on at this moment in time. I would go out and buy a .com for our site but it is not that easy as i don't trusy most of the **** heads out tehre cuz i have been riped off once as i could not upload to the server but im still looking for a server now for our site to move to.

Also with the new OS if any one finds any bugs in the programing please e-mail me on cpeat2000@hotmail.com so i can get on it's case and fix what is wrong. More updates coming soon to the site and i will be changing the updates board as i need to change the news that it scrolls as some of it is a bit out of date now.

if any one out there knows a site that would host our site please e-mail me and i will be so thankful for your help.

Also is there any one out there that would like to design some games for our site as we need some and i don't have time at the moment to do loads of stuff so please e-mail on that to if your intrested ( there will be no pay you will be doing it for the fun and help of the site ).....

thanks for all your help

- Chris

Re: Update in place

The email addresses still overlap and the menu disappears. not sure if you were planning on fixing that or not. what do you mean by OS... operating system? like windows 98 or mac os? i don't understand. wouldn't that be on your computer and not the website?

the site still looks pretty much the same. in your scrolling updates bar, there's a typo with the word 'happened'

also, in your menu, animation and sound are capitalized, but about us and news aren't. is that intentional?

it is very easy to register a domain name, i promise. you could get a url to just forward to a site on a server somewhere or you could pay someone to host your site. it's quite easy.

i wouldn't refer to website design as programming. programming is more like using C++ or VB or something to create a program or game.

i could get your site hosted for $10/month for 5MB of space. you would even have FTP access and unlimited email addresses. domain registration is only $30/year. let me know if you're interested.

amy@spyderonline.com

Thumbs up ill think bout it

Right ill think about it as im not to sure as i have been riped off before and ill try to sort out the bugs.. Also what i mean by programming is in flash you can program the animation to do thins and that is what i have done.

Also most of the bugs and things like that i will look into as im sort of rushing the site at the moment( i should take more time )

What im looking for in the hosting bit is some one who will do it for free as i don't have much money at the mo!!!!

- Chris

crosswinds.net has unlimited hosting without the annoying advertisements at the top and it's all free. the address is http://www.crosswinds.net

For a domain name you can get one at . . . hold on . . . let me find the address . . . http://redirection.net
    They charge 15 bucks US which is about 1/2 of most other domain registrars. you get URL cloaking, path forwarding, and email forwarding.

~~m i r e m b a~~