A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flash SDK Site

Would anyone be interested in a site such as FlashKit, but devoted entirely to the Flash SDK, including tutorials, source code (such as my font classes), docs, bugfixes, forums, contests, projects, etc.?

Just trying to see how much interest there is out there.
    --Jesse

Jesse , I'd find the site useful,
    But I am guessing that there aren't that many developers involved in developing with the SDK unfortunatly !
    eg It would have a limited number of hits etc,
    But again " I'd find it useful "

Regardz
    Colin Davies

I'd check it out all the freakin' time. But as a user, not a developer. My focus is on client side programming and design.

I have thought of a similar thing. Would be a good idea. However, like previously stated, not that many Flash SDK programmers out there.

Cool

Hooray Jesse !

Excellent idea !
    - Since OpenSWF.org is stagnant.
    Their might be more developers out there than one would guess.
    Look at all the 3rd party tools out there!

Please do it.
    Regards
    Gerolf.

Hi, Jesse,

DO it! I'll help if I can.

Yiyi

Myabe someone wants to take over openswf.org?
    I don't have the time anymore.

Cheers, David.

Smile Jesse the SWF Guru!

You would not be teasing us would you?

Go on Jesse, put your name up in lights. You can easily see how much interest there is in OpenSWF, Heaps.

I have a lot of stuff I could throw at you.

Dave

Site

No tease here. Just waiting to see if Macromedia will release the Flask 5 SDK before I decide on anything. If they don't an SDK site is kind of pointless since the SDK will most likely phase out or be useless for anything professional.

--Jesse

I don't mean to make competition, but I've been creating a site which is close to being live fairly soon.

So if anyone does have any tutorials or documents that they'd like to put up, feel free to contribute :
    ksole@bigpond.com

Dave

It doesn't seem to work

Hi,jesse
    Is it still there?I mean this www9.ewebcity.com/virtuascape.
    Thanks.

Flash 5 SDK

It is due out in Early December. Yes, I would be intersted in such a site. Open SWF hasn't been updated very much.

Jesse, I think that's a very good idea
    Pls let me know what the outcome is ok!!

Build Engine Builder

"All 4 1, and 1 4 all!"

Kount me in!

What language is your SDK written in?
    What sorta sources are you after?
    Where will it be hosted?

Best-o-luck!
    \

(2k + 0.001 =0)

I think it would be very cool !
    I've got a lot of problem with this SDK !

Yannick.

--The SDK is written in C++.
    --Example souce code will be provided as well as docs when it is completed. (and tutorials, etc... whatever is needed to get people up and running quick).
    --Hosting locaion TBA, but for now it is probably safe to say www15.brinkster.com/JAEzell will be the starting location while it is getting off the ground.

Hi Jesse,

What happened with the site? Do you expect the site back soon? I could REALLY use some help (my question is posted above). Can you read my question titled, "How do i write the frame size in a SWF?" I could really use your help.

Thanks.

New SDK whish

The idea of a new SDK is great, one very ugly thing in the MM SDK is that it is full of 'new' contructors, this, I understand, is very bad in a multithread application due to contention problems, and it's also bad when the code has to be in memory for a long time as is the case in a server extension, because it is then very probable that some allocated object will never be deallocated. So my wish is that the new code pay some attention to this concern.
    Regards.

new constructors

Hmm...I've never heard of new constructors being a problem for Multi-thread apps...all classes are initialized by them. Maybe you mean that it uses to many pointers? I am trying to do away with most of those. There are a few cases where it is absolutely essential though...and that is due to the nature of C++. Basically, you cannot have polymorphic classes (class inheritance, etc.) without using reference objects or pointers. Reference objects cannot be stored in arrays, etc. for later use, so pointers are required in instances where such is the case (this is mainly for classes such as FActionRecord derivations). The problem with the MM SDK is not really that it uses "new constructors" but that the library doesn't let you control deallocation of objects...I see the problems this could cause, and in my SDK, you have complete control over the deallocation of all your objects (the library will never automatically deallocate ANY classes for you).

--Jesse

SDK site

I would definitely use such a site. Speaking of which, is the openswf.org site totally dead? I haven't been able to connect to it for a couple of days...
    bob