A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Does Age Matter?

How many people here think age matters when it come to flash. I think it dosent really matter how old you are. Anybody of any age has the power to create(stuff in flash or anything else). Joseph Lowery, the author of Dreamweaver2 Bible and Fireworks Bible, is around 70 to 80 years old. He is a web designer and he also wrote Buying Online For Dummies. I want your honest opinion on this topic(tell me wether you think age matters of you dont think it matters.

I don’t think age matters as much as experience. I would expect better quality and thought from someone 80 yrs old with experience than I would from someone 15 yrs old. I guess in that respect age matters, but not in the way you might expect.

Its like many things that involve creative thinking.
    Some young people can excell at something better than some older ones, and vice versa.

But even the socalled wiz kids..only get better with age.

So you really cant say..but Maturity does play a great deal in rounding off the talents.....
    Thats why I firmly still believe that its the Artistic side that one should concentrate on more than the Animation with flash.

A Good mixture is a pleasure to look at when its done properly....I`ve got a looooog way to go

Tony

Probationary Member
    for me it kinda does and kinda doesn't..depends on what the person is doing actually. for a flash beginner, i don't think 70 or 80 is a good age, but for 70 to 80 when it comes to a professional, it is a very incredible person then, more experience, more understanding of lifeforms, more experience in programming field and other.

FK Teletubbie Crew !
    I dont think age realy matters because i know to people that are exolent in Flash. The only catch is they are 12-15. I mean these guys create awsome pages intros and games. Its unbeleiveable. So now i dont think age matters. I do now that being a profeesional at 70-80 years old is good because your patient when a younger person as my self at 16 is very eager to get it done and i rush my self. So you see why age matters a little bit but i think most of the focus should lie on experience and creativity. With out those you are nothing.
    Jon

I think Hadron has a very good point in how what you really need is experience, not age. Xu1 has a good opinion also.

oh damn not this same topic again. i remeber this HUGE thread that began mid july. man that was killer. u remeber that elvis eh? that was huge. all the threats and profanity. hahah. i loved it.

FK Teletubbie Crew !
    I think i remember that post it was up when I first registerd. Damn that was big. what like 70 replys or somethin.
    Jon