A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swapping between sub-movies

I would like some assistance in solving a problem I have encountered when building a movie.

I have created a movie, which links to 3 submovies. The manin movie can go to each of the 3 submovies. I have setup links from the first submovie to the second and the thrid, from the second submovie to the first and third, and from the third submovie to the first and the second. Each submovie has a pack back to the main movie. If I go to the first submovie from the main page, I am able to page to the second or third sub movie. If go to the second submovie from the main page, I am able to page to the third submovie, but not back to the first submovie. The page back to main function works fine from all three submovies.

Each page function consists of a STOP of the current movie, a SHOW of the requested movie, and then a PLAY of the requested movie.

Can anyone explain to me why I am observing the above paging responses.

One other thing I observe in my movie, is that all mouseover hotspots from the main movie "bleed" into the subsequent requested submovies.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Can you provide a link to the movie, so that we can see more clearly what your problem is?

Try this link.

http://www.abb.com/global/seitp/seit...ument&v=c&e=us

The pictures in the middle are the FLASH movie. If you want a copy of the actual .MOVIE file, give me your e-mail address, and I will send it directly to you.

The problem seems to be in the way you configured your movie. Without actually seeing the movie file, its hard to say where you went wrong.

But I would think that perhaps if instead of having a main movie, if the main movie's elements were placed on another child movie, then it would be easier to remove the main buttons and their hotspots.

It might also pay to use a Chooser element to select between each of the (then 4) child movies. The Chooser element is configured in such a way as to remove some of the limitations of the Flash format.

Rob,

Was tied up with something else for the last few days. Try the link above again. I have add a link to download a ZIP file which contains all files for the movie. This should allow you to see the complete configuration.

Thanks for all your help so far.

Smile Please share the solution with the rest of us...

The ABB group web page look fabulous!
    But that, of course, is with the script that has the difficulties described by EDiCicco (above).

EDiCicco and/or a_non_amous:

Can you post a message in this thread
    with an URL to a ZIP file with the corrected script?

Then, we would all learn and benefit in this community,
    by knowing how the problem was corrected.... :-)

Thanks!

Ray