A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Action Script Help

I have a flash page as the first page of a website. When the flash animation is done I want it to pause for 5 seconds then automatically jump to the first html page of the site. I have put in the "Get URL" action in the last frame of my flash file but can not find any code to make it pause for 5 seconds before it gets the url. In other words when the flash annimation is done I want it to pause for 5 seconds then jump to the first html page. Is there such a thing?

Help!!

blank movieclip

create blank MC with blank keyframe spaced for 5 second delay in the blank key frame place getURL,
    place instance onto main time line name it pause or whatever
    now in the last key frame of our animation on the main time line place this code

_root.pause.gotoAndPlay(1);

Blank Movie Clip

I am a beginner so please bear with me. I kinda get the idea. What does the (1) refer to in your suggested code? Also, am I naming the layer Pause? Does it not matter where I place the instance?

I want the animation to stop on the last frame, keeping the last frame visible during the 5 second pause, can I put a stop action before your code? and should the blank MC be put in the last frame of the timeline as well?

The 1 refers to frame 1 of the pause MC ,
    to keep the last frame visible during the pause try this,
    copy the last frame of your animation and paste it
    into frame 2 of your pause MC leaving the first keyframe blank , add a stop action to frame 1 of your pause MC,
    then add keyframe to the desired frame # that gives you the 5 second count add URL to that keyframe,

The placement of the instance on main time line my need adjustment according to your specs.

Probably a better way I to am fairly new to flash
    hope this helps

also the code in the last frame of your animation should goto frame 2 instead of one .

hope it works

Blank Movie Clip

Thanks Joelovett, I appreciate your help.

Is there any reason why I would not just extend my last frames for a duration of 5 seconds and put the get url action in that last frame?

blank MC

I don't see why not .

So many ways to do things ,
    I'll keep that in mind .
    Thank you as well

Nice talkin to ya.