A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do ya listen to as your work/surf around?

"village idiot" not brackets ""

Wanna-be Jezza

Cool

WOW, is this ever a newbie sounding thread! LOL!

Anyways, I donno, im sitting here, listening to the same type of music all the time, so I thought, hey, what types of music does everyone surf too?

Me personaly, its like some rap, eminem/d12 stuff only, alot of hard house, and trance, and some punk stuff.

snyx

whatevers on 'the box', a music channel i have on my PCTV, if it really gets crap (like Nsync video comes on etc) then ill hop along to MTV2

well rnb/hiphop/garage, like dre, jaheim, ludacris, so solid crew, they sound great but i cant pump the volume up too much cos i got these 5.1 speakers and i dont think the neighbours would like still dre pumping through there walls!lol!

a little known band called the Dum Dums! check them out on audiogalaxy!

Wanton Sex Goddess
    Since my discman broke I have been listening to the hum of my computer and the click of keystrokes while I work.
    Not too much fun at all. Especially since I bought the new cake cd yesterday and I can't listen to it *pout*

Fresh Prince of FK
    I have gigi d'agostino(thanks for telling me about this iFMP), dido, moby(only two songs), ¡THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS!, Weezer, and Alanis Morrisette in my winamp playlist.

I like softer music, songs where I can actually understand the lyrics. It's almost like poetry, except Gigi..that's just good sounding.

Can anyone else recommend some music that sounds like this? I like it, and cannot find anyother music like this (i don' even know what genre it is )

HeatherM - can't you play the CD through your PC? or what about getting Mp3's and WinAmp. Go to http://www.audiogalaxy.com for Mp3's.

Hi snyx!

I'm mainly a "chilled" music kind of guy! At the moment I've had "Deep & Chilled Euphoria" in my cd player for about a month - I can listen to that one all day long!!!

Regards,

Steve

Wanton Sex Goddess
    Originally posted by flea
    Can anyone else recommend some music that sounds like this? I like it, and cannot find anyother music like this (i don' even know what genre it is )

HeatherM - can't you play the CD through your PC? or what about getting Mp3's and WinAmp. Go to http://www.audiogalaxy.com for Mp3's. [/B]
    Flea: If my company had sprung for either cd rom's or sound cards I would be much happier. Unfortunately - my machine has nothing. I have a work order in for a cd rom - but that could take forever.

But I am going to try to find a way to dance to my computer humming. Right now I am running a virus scan so it is very musical *LOL*

If you are looking for poetic music - check out ani difranco Her voice is amazing and her lyrics are unbelieveably good. (She is a true poet)(Alanis is modeled after her in my opinion)

Fresh Prince of FK
    HeaterM: WTF don't you have a CD rom in your computer?? How do you even work?? You must have one of those old Commodore64 or something, eh?

Wanton Sex Goddess
    *LOL* I work in the dark ages.

It seems I joined this company during a short period when some manager or another decided cd roms weren't necessary. All the new machines have them. And most of the older employees have gotten them. I have fallen between the cracks. Some times I steal the cd player from the guy who works next to me, as he harldy listens to it AND has a cd rom.

*singing a little song to myself*

Sauguät

What do I listen to as I work?

mostly the Sys Admin running 'round and squawking like a chicken every time a new virus is on the rounds, or if someones got the wrong length network cable, or telling us to make backups and so on. Very excitable chappy that there.

Right now though I'm listening to someone who had Burrito's for lunch four hours ago!

My apologies, I know these boards are for a G rated audience, but if I have to suffer then.....

But on Fridays I get to listen to all the programmers blowing their heads off...Halflife.
    [Edited by eulci on 07-26-2001 at 11:22 AM]

Well ehmm, all forms of metal really, some hard rock(nightwish, thats like awesome!)

At the moment Im listening to Dimmu Borgir's CD: Puritanical Euphoric Misantrophia

Corporate Nose-Picker
    I've been listenin to the new Tool album...great stuff but can't top Aenima, not even close.

Radiohead's latest two albums for relaxation material.

And when I'm pumped up, Ramones! gabagabahey....

I kept a list of what I listened to two nights ago of the songs that came on winamp when it was on random, something like 700 mp3s on there.
    here's the list:

embrace-I wouldn't want to happen to you
    national skyline-euroak
    belle & sebastian-Me and the Major
    mansun-soundtrack for two lovers
    gentle waves-falling from grace
    godspeed you black emperor-3rd part of gathering storm, live
    john digweed-heaven sent
    placebo-commercial for levi
    doves-crunch
    Catherine Wheel-The Nude, live acoustic
    low-jack smith
    UNKLE featuring Ian Brown-be there
    placebo-days before you came
    ozzy-crazy train
    UNKLE-bloodstain
    mogwai-helicon 1, john peel sessions
    tortoise-galapagos, remixed by springheel jack
    at the drive in-relationship of command
    Gem (doug gillard) like this
    belle & sebastian-slow graffiti
    kent-rodijus 2
    bjork-all neon like
    muse-sunburn
    blink 182 reckless abandon
    robbie williams-she's the one

mg33

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

right now my playlist contains 148 singles, selected from various albums by
    [list=1][*]311[*]Linkin Park[*]Alien Ant Farm[*]Sum 41[*]BLink 182[*]Staind[*]Tantric[*]Radiohead[*]fuel[*]Metallica[*]Puddle of Mudd[*]Tool[*]Saliva[*]Weezer[*]The Calling[*]Adema

this week ist been :
    Brian Eno (Music for airports) , Radioheads Amnesiac (over and over.. lol ), Smashing Pumpkins , Beastie Boys, Underworld, Air and REMs Reveal

A

Wanton Sex Goddess
    Aria:

how is rem's reveal?
    i was going to buy it the other day but i wasn't so keen on their last album....

Heather

heather spend less money on virus protection and more on pc! by the way what pc u got?

Originally posted by HeatherM
    Aria:

how is rem's reveal?
    i was going to buy it the other day but i wasn't so keen on their last album....

Heather
    its very cool I dint buy their previous one, i borrowed it at work and listened to it and wasnt too keen on it

I like Reveal - my fave track is :'All the way to Reno'
    its a great album !
    A

Wanton Sex Goddess
    Aria: maybe i will check it out then. I like that song they released from the album

gurdas: it's my work pc, so I couldn't be bothered to spend any money on it. And I don't know what's inside the case - it has enough ram and hard drive space for me to work so I am not concerned with it since it is not mine.