A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: neologisms

Wizard of preloaders
    Great master of web searches

here's mine:to microsoft=to crash, to fade to blue, (ext.)to bother someone's life.
    (exa.)my car's engine microsofted yesterday.

did you ever see the Tom Green episode where he toured Fabio's home and Fabios' entire kitchen and dining room were filled with all his motorcycles? There must have been about 30 in there. He took one outside and rode it up and down the block, and eventually Tom Green got on the back, they both had their shirts off, and Fabio sped off down the street. Fabio also threw Tom in the pool in his street-clothes.

here's a neologism I've just made up, at an instant, in relation to what I wrote above.

Fabio = freaking viewers out by having his dining room and kitchen filled with 30 motercycles, (ext.)to confuse people with the bizarre.
    (exa.)I fabioed my friends with my closets full of mens size 68 disposable diapers.

this could get interesting.

mg33

paradoxymoron

-the contradiction of the fusion of two opposites which appears, on the face of it, to be at variance with common sense, but which, on closer examination, may be well-founded, but which, on closer examination, appears to be at variance with common sense.

Meanderthal

-When you're in a hurry, this is the jackass weaving aimlessly along in front of you, with no idea that other people might be trying to get past.

[Edited by Visionray on 07-27-2001 at 03:44 AM]

Wizard of preloaders

try this: to imac= to buy something even if you know it won't work, just because everyone says how smart are people who bought it.
    (exa.)I imaced the new cd of britney spears

to mg33: to write/talk extensively on some subject matters that tend to be useless and/or uninteresting

(exa) Flea mg33ed about george bushes ntellegence

Wanton Sex Goddess
    nonversation
    to talk about nothing all the time (or the whole time - depending on how you look at it).
    Can also be used in verb form: [/i]to nonversate[/i].

Useage: Wow! Talking to that guy was a good nonversation. Or When talking to her I have to constantly nonversate.
    [Edited by HeatherM on 07-27-2001 at 02:59 PM]

Wizard of preloaders

the greatest neologister(??) was Orwell in 1984 with the newspeak, and sometimes it looks like his creations are now used in real life, most of all by politics...