A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Damn! Blast!Phooey! Etcetera....

Hi all,
    Quick problem here...

I have some buttons (actually buttons in a movie clip) on a new interface - once they are moused over the words slide in underneath - the problem is they stay there until moused over again - i.e. once the mouse is off them they do not go back - is there any way to automatically make them go back as soon as another button is moused over - I am using 'onmouse event rollover 'for all of the buttons (5 in total) but am bemused as to how to get them to only show up one at a time underneath!
    TA
    Pete

Red face

Check the answer to "close box on click other" from 7-25.
    Basically you need to use "with" commands.

Originally posted by paganpete
    Hi all,
    Quick problem here...

I have some buttons (actually buttons in a movie clip) on a new interface - once they are moused over the words slide in underneath - the problem is they stay there until moused over again - i.e. once the mouse is off them they do not go back - is there any way to automatically make them go back as soon as another button is moused over - I am using 'onmouse event rollover 'for all of the buttons (5 in total) but am bemused as to how to get them to only show up one at a time underneath!
    TA
    Pete
    All you need to do is on your movie clip where your button is, give the button this code:

on (release, rollOut) {
    gotoAndPlay ("out");
    }

Make a movieclip of the words sliding out again and then label the frame "out". Then when the mouse isn't over the button, it will play the movie clip of the name sliding out.

hope this helps,

Katie

Thanks to you both,
    I will try that today.

Cheers,
    Pete