A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: having flash 5 load a movie in three parts !!

I wonder if I could get help on having flash 5 load a movie in three parts !!
    My webspace provider does not allow files over 1Mb to be uploaded, my Flash movie is over 2mb which is actually a photo album/ slide show and what I would like to do is to load the first section (file 1.swf )into the movie and while it's playing have section 2 (file 2.swf) to load itself into the main movie and after that has been load go back to the server and pickup section 3 ( file 3.swf).
    My action scripting is still stuck on buttons and get url !! all help is gratefully accepted

Alright,

It would easier to load different sections of the site as they're needed. I'm guessing that the images in the gallery are taking up alot of space, so make the gallery area a totally seperate movie and use the Load Movie action to load it into your site.

It'd be best for the browser as well as 2MB is going to take an age to load on a slower connection

I've still on F4 so i'm not sure of the actionscript of F5!

See ya

Putha are you having your whole gallery be in the movies or just thumbnails. If it's a problem with space you can use the lower res copies of the images then use javascript pop ups of the full size pictures. Not sure if you're already doing that, but if not it's worth a try and that will cut memory way down.
    ____
    MIKE

if it is a free webspace provider . . . .

If the provider you are using is a free one, let me hand you this option. Brinkster.com they have NO POPUPS and 30 megs of web space. You can load as big of a file as you need and they support SWF files there. I love it ( for a free site ). They also have cheap rates for paid for sites. something in the range of $13.00 monthly. I don't know if that will help you at all, more a sugestion on getting around only being able to upload 1 meg at a time. I am still a newbie to the flash world, and am asking for help here to, but I like to try to help if I can.

Good luck

SLB

P.S. to phaedrus , another flash 4 user eh ? You rock !

Originally posted by FlasherX01
    Putha are you having your whole gallery be in the movies or just thumbnails. If it's a problem with space you can use the lower res copies of the images then use javascript pop ups of the full size pictures. Not sure if you're already doing that, but if not it's worth a try and that will cut memory way down.
    ____
    MIKE
    Well I originally used thumbnails/low res images and every one complained, well on popups and JS the friends were worried that their pic's would not be secure and would appear on some sex site. But you've given me an idea to pop as swf's !! Thank You.

That'll work. You can create a window in the site that will have the images load into, like loading into a frame for them.