A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: QuickTime in Flash...

Hey all,
    Is it possible to view a QT movie insode of a Flash file?

I have tried what the book (Advanced Flash by Macromedia Press) says and it does not work for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you all,
    Bri

quicktime

I have been stuffing around with this problem for a while.

It seems that for a quicktime to play in Flash you need to export as quicktime and this causes you to lose some functionality (let me know if I'm wrong here anyone).

There are some software packages out there that people here on the boards have been recomending - I can't remember names at the moment - but look around the boards. I went to a few sites and some of the packages looked good. They do allow you to import and imbed quicktime files into Flash projects.

As I don't have this software package yet I am actually popping up a little window which plays my quicktimes and leaves my menu in it's own window in the background. This works quite well as the new window has no toolbars or anything and is the same size as the quicktime - then the user just closes it and selects another.

Old dog learning new tricks

If u'r trying to make a swf file with a video file in it, forget it. But u can use a program like vid2swf which converts the video files to swf format. Then u can import the swf inside a movie clip in your flash movie.

Thanks for the promotion K.

Xn