A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Creating MAC projector file with a pc cpu

I created a presentation in a PC computer and exported it as a MAC .hqx projector file. When I test it on a MAC G4, the .hqx didn't open. Is there something missing on the MAC or my projector file?

HQX have to be have resources allocated to it before they will play.

Stuff-it will let you decompress and allocate resources to the HQX.

Yes, an HQX is a compressed file, like a ZIP file on the PC.

Open this in Stuffit, or drag & drop on Netscape or Internet explorer and you'll see a familiar file on your desktop with the Projector Icon. copy this to where it needs to be and then you can run it.

As noted, if your projector needs more ram you need to set this up before running it, I think the default setting is 2-4 megs.

Gee, aren't Macs soooo complicated these days? =)

And why do people use them? hehe

Yeah, why do people use macs? I was forced to use them at college for 4 years..... urrrgh, nothing but trouble. The most unreliable things on the planet!

The Macs I've used were more reliable than the Pc's I've used... Plus for a person who is only semi computer literate the Macs are better... I think that with what I have seen of the new windows they take it to far where as the Mac has a better balance between simplifying things and dumbing things down to far.

I have seen Windows XP and it looks like your computer on AOL... Which is great if you find Windows completly baffling to you but annoys the Pee out of anyone who isn't just completly baffled by that <Sarcasam>really technical Windows 98/ME Program</Sarcasam>. Seriously though there are a lot of people out there who can't even find the Start Menu in Windows or Navigate the windows file structure using Explorer or use that <sarcasam>complicated right click menu</sarcasam>.