A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Sound and Stage

Please could someone help me!
    I've made an animation with 2 layers of sound, the first starts at the start of the animation then fades out as the second fades in. This works fine on the preview, but when I publish it, the first tune fades out but the second starts from the beginning although I had edited it to fade in at a certain point into the tune. How can I fix this?

Also is there a way to adjust the stage size to any area you like, as my animation goes off the stage. I tried changing the stage size in modify but this didn't help.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.
    Thanks.

For the sound problem: What sync action do you have it set to on the sound panel? If it is 'effect', I think you need to change it to start. That may not be the problem though. Flash's sound editing is very minimal, you might be better off editing your sound in another program and importing it.
    To adjust the stage size, choose modify/movie and change the movie size to what you want it to be.

Cheers for the reply I'll try the sound one out later.
    The Modify Movie thing works fine for the width, but for the height always extends downwards, so just gets longer underneath my animation rather than above.
    I tried moving all the animation together onto the stage but this made everything go out of sync. I think I need to plan more before making the animation, I've read more posts which seem to suggest there's not much you can do other than redo everting again in the stage area.
    Thanks again.