A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 2Advanced Wallpapers

Sup...I went to 2advanced.com his new site..that just recently came out...and wanted to know, if anyone knows..where to get the backgrounds...of tall buildings ad everything...? or does he make that in a 3d program like 3d studio max??
    need feed bak..thanx..out

Well, It looks to me like it is stock photography. There are millions of places to get it from. Lookin in the links section. Some are listed there.

There are many Graphic and Web Designers who are also photographers. My guess is that he took these himself. Not very difficult to find large buildings in a big city like LA, where he lives, I think.

http://www.mg33.net/augustwallpaper/augwallpaper.html

That's from a photo I took. Not hard to really manipulate an architectural photograph, lot of practice and time and Photoshop. I've always been into using my own photos, and since getting a very nice digital camera when I graduated from college in May, I'm 100% devoted to taking all my own photos now.

mg33

Heaven is made
    of 1's and 0's
    Yeah, I would bet that EJ uses stock photography. That would be simpler than complex rendering in a 3D program.

I know

I am a photographer by hobby and a serious one at that. They are definelty stock photos. Anyway, im dissapointed that the new 2a looks like gmuck in many ways.

Thumbs up

A good website to get great photos of just about anything out there is http://www.photodisc.com . You have to register and pay for it monthly I believe, but I'd say it's well worth it if you have the extra cash. Of course it's really annoying when you need a picture taken at a certain angle, or in a certain lighting and none of them are exactly what you want. Oh on photodisc you can search for photos without registering but they will have a logo on them. At least then you could see if their archive has the kind of things you are looking for.

Skaven
    Hate - Kill - Destroy