A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How Do I scale/resize entire movie?

Hi!

I made a movie to play from a 'projector' file so I can run it off a cd...but I made it at too high of resolution for older machines and it seems to lag on them. Is there an easy way to change my movie resolution from 1024x768 to 800x600 without having to individualy scale and place each of the keyframes? Please help ASAP!

Thanks,

Marshal
    mmorse@zbi.edu

exclusive member ( V I P ) tiGRAN=-2001's Avatar
    [I think there are options when you export your movie from flash. Before exporting it again you could try changing some stuff in the File>publish settings (or something like that

Originally posted by tiGRAN=-2001
    [I think there are options when you export your movie from flash. Before exporting it again you could try changing some stuff in the File>publish settings (or something like that
    the problem he has tigran is that when he changes his canvas size, all the movieclips/graphics become out of place/proportion and so the whole movie is some what distorted

the only thing i can think of Marshal is to select everything on the stage and scale it all down like a normal graphic

Originally posted by snoop_doug
    Originally posted by tiGRAN=-2001
    the problem he has tigran is that when he changes his canvas size, all the movieclips/graphics become out of place/proportion and so the whole movie is some what distorted

the only thing i can think of Marshal is to select everything on the stage and scale it all down like a normal graphic
    The file/pubish options only give you resize options for the html, not for the projector or swf.

You are absolutely right that everything doesn't fit once my canvas size is changed. I have tried using the 'select all' then the transform panel, but that doesn't really scale everything...maybe I'm a novice with an advanced user problem...

Thanks for you hints.

Marshal

The file/pubish options only give you resize options for the html, not for the projector or swf.

You are absolutely right that everything doesn't fit once my canvas size is changed. I have tried using the 'select all' then the transform panel, but that doesn't really scale everything...maybe I'm a novice with an advanced user problem...

well, I'm no advanced user, but if you want to, I know that if you change the HTML publishing to 99%, it seems to scale really well, and even resizes itself based on the dimentions of the browser window.

What'd I'd do is publish your swf file, and and html, then make a text file called "AUTORUN" with the following text:
    [AutoRun]
    open=htmlfile.html
    icon=pickone.ico,0
    put the text file along with your swf and html at the start of your CD, and then the HTML file will load atuomatically when you place in the CD, scaleable and all.

Hope you figure out what to do

Exclamation

Originally posted by anisomnius

well, I'm no advanced user, but if you want to, I know that if you change the HTML publishing to 99%, it seems to scale really well, and even resizes itself based on the dimentions of the browser window.

What'd I'd do is publish your swf file, and and html, then make a text file called "AUTORUN" with the following text:
    [AutoRun]
    open=htmlfile.html
    icon=pickone.ico,0
    put the text file along with your swf and html at the start of your CD, and then the HTML file will load atuomatically when you place in the CD, scaleable and all.

Hope you figure out what to do
    That is helpful, but the reason I want to use the projector file is to make my intro video available to people even if they do not have flash installed, so to put it in an html file would defeat my purpose.

Thanks,

Marshal