A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: putting multiple scenes together

I have my 13 layer front page complete with all buttons created (no scripting yet because I have yet to create other pages with urls). I understand how to create the pages and I think I understand the scripting, however, I'm confused what my next step should be if I have this page created and want to start putting together the next. Can I keep all elements on my front page constant throughout the site and simply add specific elements withing each different page therefore avoiding creating and scripting new buttons as I go?

thanks
    thaaksma

As long as your buttons don't change their target locations you could create your other page as swf's and using the loadMovieNum command, you could load them into levels...

levels are very similar to layers, where you'll be able to see the buttons underneath (unless you cover them up). Your main movie start at _level0 and you can work up from there.

Cheers,

motiv

Check my if I'm wrong...So I have my front page created--how do I save it so that I can use this in the creation of additional pages. Do I then set action to say my 'about us' button and give it a loadmovieNum and url to call up the about us page? Where is this page being created and saved so that the cutton can access it?

thanks for your help!
    tim

Originally posted by motiv
    As long as your buttons don't change their target locations you could create your other page as swf's and using the loadMovieNum command, you could load them into levels...

levels are very similar to layers, where you'll be able to see the buttons underneath (unless you cover them up). Your main movie start at _level0 and you can work up from there.

Cheers,

motiv

You can save your main movie as a regular swf file.

The actions you would attach to a button (let say 'aboutus') would be

on (release) {
    loadMovie ("movie.swf", "container");
    }

This will only work if the 'movie.swf is in the same directory/folder as your main movie... if it's not you will have to tell it where to go, if it's in a folder called 'flashfiles'... instead of targeting "movie.swf" you would target "flashfiles/movie.swf"

Just so you know you can only load other swf files (as far as I know anyway) not HTML pages.

Cheers,

motiv