A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Regional Forums

Originally posted by Rydeman
    Nice idea!

I was recently forced to speak Danish in the play I was in (Christian IVs Gästabud). It's kinda like Swedish only you speak like you have porridge in your mouth, replace every thrid word with something strange and replace half the numbers with an odd "halvfjärs" combo.
    Allright, now were getting somewhere Allready 3 people with Northern connections..cough cough..I would still like to push for a Scandinavian Forum. Lets face it, there are more swedish people "per capita" with pc´s than there are anywhere else in Europe.......i think......

Most pre-school kids know more about computers than i do. Well, thats not a good comparison maybe !? But the swedes dont translate tutorials because its too darn expensive, so for me, as an example, i have a swedish version of....dare i say...win2k and of course Flash. Therefore a forum for likewise would help tremendously.

I'd use a scandinavian forum...

We do not speak with porriage in out mouths... you lot speak with potatoes in your mouth ~pokes out tongue~

danish was real easy to learn... I was relatively fluent in a year... I love the place...

miss it lots.... ~sighs~

am I the only aussie that wants a regional forum?

that sounds pretty darn cool.... i am for the regional boards.

Jeff

Originally posted by mabbacuda
    I think that the most comman topics of discussion would probably be surrounding contracts, clients people have worked for, and the industry in general in that specific area. As well as any meetings or conferences that may be going on in the area, and life in general.

Paul.....
    Paul, I think it's a great idea. <booHoo>Especially as no ones answered a previous thread of mine</booHoo>.

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=191134

Just wanna know if anyone can suggest a good Service Provider for hosting websites with server side sexyness, in the UK?

G

Alien Bob
    My spaceship's currently in for it's service...

Orbiting the Earth just above Peterborough
    Originally posted by Tidey
    I think that the most comman topics of discussion would probably be surrounding contracts, clients people have worked for, and the industry in general in that specific area. As well as any meetings or conferences that may be going on in the area, and life in general.

Paul.....
    Paul, I think it's a great idea. <booHoo>Especially as no ones answered a previous thread of mine</booHoo>.

http://board.flashkit.com/board/show...hreadid=191134

Just wanna know if anyone can suggest a good Service Provider for hosting websites with server side sexyness, in the UK?

G

I've used www.xcalibre.co.uk for the last year or so and found them to be both one of the cheapest hosting solutions around, and offer the best service. I've always had an immediate response from them when ordering a new domain or asking aa technical support question, and considering you do get a lot for your money.

Paul

PS. Any no I'm not on commission for them

Alien Bob

Right I think we've proved that there's definatley support for starting these new forums. Can anyone in charge around here let us know if you're going to give it the go ahead or not.

as far as I know, they need 20 people for them to go ahead and do it.

I think they may wanna start off with a USA, UK, and Aussie boards, and then goto other places, so they can test for effectiveness.

I've used www.xcalibre.co.uk for the last year or so and found them to be both one of the cheapest hosting solutions around, and offer the best service. I've always had an immediate response from them when ordering a new domain or asking aa technical support question, and considering you do get a lot for your money.

Paul

PS. Any no I'm not on commission for them
    Thanx for that Paul, I've added a link to this thread on me footer. May help, who knows?

Cheers,

Geoff

Alien Bob

Good idea, I'll have to do that myself. Once i've redesigned my footer that is. Hopefully there will be enough support soon enough.

Cheers

Paul

I want to have a link below my footer saying "Support our UK forum" but in my profile it says "HTML is off". Does anyone know where I can turn it back on.

Or does anyone how I can place a link?????

A British forum would be jolly good! Cheerio old sport and all that...actually I don't know what I'm talking about, i'm from New Jersey...*ahem*...

ayi a British forum in favour here,

as long as I can be mod of course j/k

im gonna make a small footer supporting this....

thanks to snoops footer i have decided to pledge my support for regional forums...long live regional forums! networking is so important in this biz, and these fourms would just add another level to the already wonderful land of flashkit.

Count me in! Im all for it. We need a U.S.A. forum!!

Originally posted by Visionray
    Count me in! Im all for it. We need a U.S.A. forum!!
    amen, and count me in for this regional board thing.

Long live the USA & Aussieland (where most of my forefathers landed up **cough**), but have to push for UK & Meatball-land

FK Resident Amazon

yep, regional formus, I'm all for it...

USA REPRESENT

FK Resident Amazon

oops I mean forums

What about US state forums for each state? that'd be cool if there would be