Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Suggestion: Regional Forums

im in

I counted 24 people i think.

Maybe 1 more, maybe 1 less.

heres the swf i made in an instant if anyone wants to use it also
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/uk_doug/flags.swf

Originally posted by killabry
    as far as I know, they need 20 people for them to go ahead and do it.

I think they may wanna start off with a USA, UK, and Aussie boards, and then goto other places, so they can test for effectiveness.
    Bah. I could have sworn the rant started with Canada and UK. I'd still love a Canadian forum!

Hunt-the-Wumpus!
    Somar

Alien Bob
    My spaceship's currently in for it's service...

Orbiting the Earth just above Peterborough
    Doesn't look like there's been anything happen, or any new of any moderators recently. Come on guys get your act together, I'm sure you can see we have a fair bit of support

well im pulling my weight

Alien Bob

Good on you, I can't see why nothing's been done. I wouldn't think it's exactly much work, and people are wiling to act as moderators. At least keeping the message active will keep adding the views and keep it near the top. If we keep pestering long enough, smoething has to happen eventually.....

....he's amazing!!! lesli_felix's Avatar

Wow

Excellent, this thread has had such a good response.

Loads of support for a UK forum, which is great for me, but It'd be cool to see more support for other forums. I also think flashkit would like to see good support for more than one forum. There'd have to be a need for a UK, a US and an Aussie forum at least.

One other possible idea, and I don't know how easy this would be, but what about having a single forum for regional issues, and have a mandatory message icon, selectable from all the flags of the world, or whatever. So every post has a clear indication of the region it applies to. One could also decide to choose between a UK post or a European post, for example.

Just a thought. Thanks all for your support.

wanderer...
    yup, sign me up for the UK forum pleeeeeeaaaassee :-)

Originally posted by mabbacuda
    and people are wiling to act as moderators.

Although I am all for regional forums (UK, please), could you start by fixing the bugs on this site. By bugs I mean media. I know I am not the only one who has noticed this - close to twenty threads all saying the same thing.

[echo]Is anybody there?[/echo]

Pete

I reckon this is a top idea !

Rock on Flash Kit Australia Forum.

Originally posted by snoop_doug
    Is that plug??????????? How many mods will they be having?

Alien Bob

As long as the thread still keeps building interest, and we have more people give their support, the better.

Originally posted by gecko2
    Originally posted by snoop_doug
    Is that plug??????????? How many mods will they be having?
    lol no not really, im easy whoever the moderators will be (as long as they come from the relevant forums country )

Now to put the hen amongst the chickens.....

What really is the difference between an Aussie forum and lets say a UK forum ? OK, geographically theres a huge difference, and they down a few more beers in "down under" but apart from that i mean ?

What i´´m after is what these forums would be about. That must be of more interest than just creating a forum because you are from a different continent.

No offence intended here, but as yet, no-one had suggest what the reasoning is behind the idea.....

Originally posted by TheBritt

What really is the difference between an Aussie forum and lets say a UK forum ? OK, geographically theres a huge difference, and they down a few more beers in "down under" but apart from that i mean ?

What i´´m after is what these forums would be about. That must be of more interest than just creating a forum because you are from a different continent.

No offence intended here, but as yet, no-one had suggest what the reasoning is behind the idea.....
    I suppose it's a sort of pride thing. As in maybe some countries think they are smarter then others? So they think it would be better to talk to people like them? whatever that's probably wrong...actually I think it's a cultural thing. European culture is different from American culture in a few ways I think....

it would most likely be like the coffee lounge just for UK flashers US flashers etc

In which case i would agree with both snoop_doug and Gandalf_The_White. Also that the Moderator has at least some connection with the country involved.

For my own, it would be great to have a forum for countries that have totally different languages. One of the most exasperating things i come across is trying to translate the tutorials and action-scripting to my own version of Flash (Swedish). Even though i´m a Britt, i still have a Swedish version of Flash. But as yet, there is no FlashKit type boards represented here anywhere.

So far though, the Coffee Lounge dosnt seem to work properly. No reflection on the Moderators. They do a great job considering the amount of members that post. I´m sure we dont act like that in real company..... or do we ?

Originally posted by Gandalf_the_white

I suppose it's a sort of pride thing. As in maybe some countries think they are smarter then others? So they think it would be better to talk to people like them? whatever that's probably wrong...actually I think it's a cultural thing. European culture is different from American culture in a few ways I think....
    A personal question to Gandalf.....are you a fan of "Lord of The Rings" ?