A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Rollout/Button/MC Problem

Hi all,
    I've scanned past posts to try to find a solution to the following problem - there's a few that are close...but not quite close enough!

So: the problem - I've created a psuedo 3D floorplan which is made up of a number of different sections (which are buttons). When you roll over a section it raises up into a box-type-thing. What I want to happen is when you roll out of a section the box drops back down into the floorplan, rather than just go PLONK back down.

I've created an MC with first, a rise up animation (10 frames), then a drop down animation (10 frames) - how do I get Flash to go to the second ten frames on rollOut? I can't do it!

Cheers,

SamB

Arckid - Curving the Web
    i think u can do it by tell target ...

on(rollOut){
    _root.mc1.mc2.gotoAndPlay(11);
    }

and on 20th frame of the mc2 put stop(); and also put same on 10th frame of it ..

m i right ?

Tried that - doesn't seem to work...

on(rollOut){
    _root.mc1.mc2.gotoAndPlay(11);
    }

There is only one mc, which is in 'Over, Down and Hit' states in the button. I've also tried:

on(rollOut){
    _root.button.mc.gotoAndPlay(11);
    }

Again no joy. Stop actions are attached.

Hmmmmmm...

What if you don't have them as buttons at all but instead mc's...then you could use onClipEvent handlers and there wouldn't have the problem of targeting the mc...If I understand correctly, you are trying to target a mc which is inside the button?

Arckid - Curving the Web
    hi there ...

just drop ur files and some brief description about ur problem to aashu3k@hotmail.com and i will solve it for u and will send u back ...

god bless u ..