A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: can i make a rollover do some thing in a different html frame??

can i make a rollover do some thing in a different html frame??

Yes. It depends on what you want to do, but if you want to roll over in the flash page, and have it load a page in a different page, you just do a "On MouseEvent (RollOver), Get Url "NewPage.html" target="SideFrame"
    You just tell it what page to load, and the target (which must be defined in your main frame set).
    -Kilgore

tx

ah ok... thanx

Can jou also use another flash presentation? so that when you roll over a button text will disappear in the other presentation?

I guess it depends on what you mean by dissappear. By loading a new HTML page, it will dissappear, but something tells me that's not what you're talking about. As far as I know you can't send commands from 1 movie to another. Though I could be wrong, I've seen people do way too many things, that I would have thought impossible, to go around saying that you can't do something.
    -Kilgore

ok

Ah ok... sorry i meant appear.... but i have this problem...

i have a flash at http://www.vledderweb.nl/bollegraaf/

when you go over a button text wil appear in th e middle (as you can see) I want is to appear in the right upper corner of the screen... but the design view of the button is too small to place the text on the good place... on the sceen.... so do you know how to fix it..? when i put the text of for example the button "Afbouw" in the disign mode in the upper right corner... it appears to be not in the rightcorner of the flash...

Senior Moderator
    You need to use javascript and FSCommands to communicate between the two flashmovies in the two seperate frames.

Checkout this for some great examples and sources:

http://www.ashzfall.com/examples/flash/fscom/

Hope it helps!!
    Regards FlashGuru