A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: >>> Will Kioken forgive me? <<<

Dynamic Systems, Inc. mikaelian's Avatar
    http://www24.brinkster.com/mikaelian...g/m_portal.htm

Will Kioken forgive me for this?

Is this site much worst than http://www.barneys.com ?

What do you think, Flashkitters?

VM

In my opinion, Kioken didnt copyright the actionscript for that effect. As a matter of fact, I am using a version of that scripting in my new site as well.

You are not copying what they did, you are modifying it to your needs. As long as you dont blatenly copy what they have, then you are fine. Thats all the web is, is a New Version of another site. Its NOT copying, and thats where a lot of people are confused.

Hope I helped and didnt hinder.

Josh Dura

"Don't worry, you didn't see me"

Dont feel bad about that script. That is not an extremely hard to do script and is just changing position based on buttons.

I've used it before so i'm not worried.

Originally posted by jdura99
    In my opinion, Kioken didnt copyright the actionscript for that effect. As a matter of fact, I am using a version of that scripting in my new site as well.

You are not copying what they did, you are modifying it to your needs. As long as you dont blatenly copy what they have, then you are fine. Thats all the web is, is a New Version of another site. Its NOT copying, and thats where a lot of people are confused.

Hope I helped and didnt hinder.

Josh Dura

I have not nodified their script. I have not even seen their script. This script is written by myself!!

I said "will Kioken forgive me?" not for copyright's sake, but because in this site I have very aggresively (I think) tried to attack a very well-known firm's very-well known site. So everybody sees that but nobody (I hope) can say that this SIMPLY is a rape-off...

In fact, the CLIENT wished something very much similar to barneys.com. I tried to explain him that it is not the best solution to copy SUCH a well-know site. However, he insisted. Then I tried to do my best to create a site which is of the same nature BUT which is not a rape-off...

Oh, sorry for the mistake I dont think Kioken will care much:

1. Because they already made there money.
    2. They probably wont even go to your site.
    3. Even if they do notice, there aint much they can do haha

They should forgive you, just if you ever interview for a job there, dont put that site on your resume haha

Josh Dura

Originally posted by jdura99
    Oh, sorry for the mistake I dont think Kioken will care much:

1. Because they already made there money.
    2. They probably wont even go to your site.
    3. Even if they do notice, there aint much they can do haha

They should forgive you, just if you ever interview for a job there, dont put that site on your resume haha

Josh Dura
    Thanx for supporting me!

At the very least, it they try to arrest me or what, I will be able to refer them to this thread where the respected members of this respected organization (i. e. FKers of FK) are supporting me.

> They should forgive you, just if you ever interview for
    > a job there, dont put that site on your resume haha

I have heared they have made millions of $$! So it is not a bad idea what u suggest...

VM

"Don't worry, you didn't see me"

Originally posted by mikaelian
    ..the respected members of this respected organization (i. e. FKers of FK) are supporting me.
    Hmm.... Josh Dura answers, I answer. Josh Dura=respected. me=yeah right!

and i dont think you'll get arrested for a none copyright code. freedom of speech since barneys is in new york.

Wichser
    you are totally fine!

the only thing that worries me more is that too many sites use it nowadays. I have probably seen 10 in the past 3 days...so that is a lot I think, but stil you managed to make in a nice way - at least going unique with what you got.
    nice one and don't worry.

iCEBERG

i don't see what you're worried about, if you didn't copy the actionscript then it's just an effect, there are a ton of sites out there using the same thing, http://www.webagent007.com being the best of them.

there are tutes on how to do this exact thing with the floating menus and everything on werehere.com.

i wouldn't sweat it mate.

How big is the intro? It takes ages to load on a cable!

FK Times - Editor in Chief
    My Good Little Birdie

Originally posted by aversion
    i don't see what you're worried about, if you didn't copy the actionscript then it's just an effect, there are a ton of sites out there using the same thing, http://www.webagent007.com being the best of them.

there are tutes on how to do this exact thing with the floating menus and everything on werehere.com.

i wouldn't sweat it mate.

Youre wrong there boy I have an original use of the code (pretty similar basic) at my site, http://www.dtfusion.com, and I would say that it is better than WebAgent007!

*Wakes up from his dream*

Originally posted by UpNorth

Youre wrong there boy I have an original use of the code (pretty similar basic) at my site, http://www.dtfusion.com, and I would say that it is better than WebAgent007!

*Wakes up from his dream*
    haha, that's a sweet site though, nice use of the effect.

mrxypaxn,

You are rihgt! I will not get arrested. Moreover, I am very much pleased to see that nobody here blames me or tells "it is a rape off".