A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Timing in exported .swf file is radically different from original

I have been having this problem for some time now, it happens almost everytime I am creating a long movie file and using .gif animations within it. The most recent one gave me a difference of almost 5 seconds within the first 15 seconds of play. This is extremely unnerving when I have gone out of my way to time everything out as closely as possible. Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in the program itself?

Also I have been using .gif animation and spinning them in and out, but when exported they lose the spin and any transparency that I have applied to them. Help would be greatly appreciated.

-Thanks in advance,
    Jason
    [Edited by zoranvedek on 08-14-2001 at 04:19 AM]

Smile

I hate to reply to my own post's, but I have figured out the problem of timing(kinda)..........

The movie is actually running slower than it should be before it is exported. I am assuming that this is due to heavy proccessor/ram usage.

I am still having problems with the exported version when it comes to .gif animations though, they tend to do some pretty strange things, I have actually had them completely disappear from the exported version, export them again and there they are.

-Jason

I had similar problems.

I was not using Gifs but had similar problems with timing to a long (1 min+) wav file. by breaking it up into smaller pieces it was much better.

You may find another disscusion on this board that I started but you may not as they deleted some of my posts, I assume because I was being negative.

Bret

Bret,
    You brought up a pretty interesting point that got me to wondering. On the particular movie I am currently working on, I am actually using a 54 second wave. Like I said before, I think the timing problem is brought on by heavy proccessor usage. It seems to only do it with the larger files.

I'll see if breaking the wave up into smaller pieces might help. I have discovered though that it seems to be better to check your timing on an exported file, rather than on the movie interface, as the timing seems to be more accurate there.

-Jason