A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Making mp3 files downloadable to site visitor

Arrow

Here is the situation:
    You can go to
    http://www.infusion-design.com/marty
    to view the basic graphic elements that I have started. It's a real simple site. The guy just wants to put samples of his voice-overs on the web to market himself. He is a DJ at a radio station.
    Anyway, if you go to the demo page, when you select on a speaker, you should get audio and the option to download an mp3 or realplayer file.
    I can get it to play the .wav file (not on the version out there) but I have no idea how to make the mp3 nor the .rm files downloadable and no amount of help from flash is helping me. I am sure that you just put these files on
    the ftp site, and give some sort of command that directs the file to the visitor's hard drive. I think that it might have something to do in a buttons properties, either Get URL or Download movie? insert target path???
    I've tried different combos but it ain't none of it workin'.
    Can someone please help me out with this?

ya, ya I wanna know too.

Me Too

I Would Like To Know How Do I Make MP3s Downloadable.

Here's what I suggest:

-Trigger the sound to play on "rollover" instead of "release"
    -To allow the user to download the file, use the GetURL action. You have 2 ways to approach this:

(1) Allow the user to download the file from your website (ie Your ISP) If the file is named music.mp3, use the GetURL action "http://www.yourdomain.com/music.mp3"

(2) If you are limited to space on your ISP, allow the user to FTP into your box, if you have one.

"ftp://username:assword@111.111.111.111/music.mp3"

That should do the trick

Good Luck