A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Dynamic fonts in flash (localy - not on a server)

Hi!
    I would like to know - is it`s possible to embed some specific fonts in flash movie (when text is not a movie clip), for example in some kind a text field, where text is from external text file.

In my case embed means, that this specific font is on the same CD (what I`m making is presentation CD) where flash movie is. And that this font shouldn`t be on the computer, where this presentation is showing. And also that flash movie uses it`s own (somekind embed) fonts, not device fonts.

Well if it`s possible, then please tell me how, or some place(on the net), where I can get information about this somekinda problem.

{ DB }

yep, as long as the text inside flash is set to static, it should be embedded... if you change it to dynamic, it will refer tot he system you are usings default font... i hope i was of some help...

Jeff

Well - I already knew this, but isn`t that possible to use with dynamic text some fonts, that isn`t on user`s system.
    That dynamic text takes font from the same place , where the flash movie resides and these fonts just pretend, that they are on system, but they actually not, is that possible?

You can use any font you want, but for non-static text fields you will have to embed the font using the tools in Flash .... there is no way of accessing an external font file ... In Flash 5 you simply click on the embed font button on the Text panel.